Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felix0121
Punch Card
Views: 918
Message 1 of 10

CPU clock drops on low battery..??

Using my Droid Maxx 2, I see its CPU's clock always drops from 1.65Ghz to 1.11Ghz at around 1/3 (33%) battery level. - Half of all eight CPUs stopped working.

All updates installed with Android OS Marshmallow.

Is this normal or do I need a repair? If this is normal, then how can I change its setting? ^^

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 873
Message 2 of 10

Re: CPU clock drops on low battery..??

@felix0121 wrote:

Using my Droid Maxx 2, I see its CPU's clock always drops from 1.65Ghz to 1.11Ghz at around 1/3 (33%) battery level. - Half of all eight CPUs stopped working.

All updates installed with Android OS Marshmallow.

Is this normal or do I need a repair? If this is normal, then how can I change its setting? ^^

Hello felix0121,

First time I have encountered this. We will be checking on it and get back to you the soonest. Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Need help in updating your profile? Click here.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

felix0121
Punch Card
Views: 862
Message 3 of 10

I made a mistake to click 'solved' button.

Anyway, how can I update my profile to include IMEI on android mode ?

felix0121
Punch Card
Views: 859
Message 4 of 10

Spoiler
?

I made a mistake to click 'solved' button.

Anyway, how can I update my profile to include IMEI on android mode ?

felix0121
Punch Card
Views: 853
Message 5 of 10

1. Using my PC, I changed my profile to include its own phone type, phone carrier, and IMEI number.

2. Please cancel the 'solved' mark that I made a mistake to click because this issue is not solved yet.

3. On my phone, I turned on the two options (Help improve Motorola products, and Enhanced Device Support)

4. My phone is protected by Kaspersky Internet Security Android, and now it only is turned on my device administrators list.

Please investigate this issue, and solve if any problem exists.

felix0121
Punch Card
Views: 841
Message 6 of 10

CPU clock-fall on low battery issue (not yet solved)

* Because the original post was marked as solved by my mistake and there have been no responses yet, now I start this topic again.

Smiley Very Happy

1. Using my PC, I changed my profile to include its own phone type, phone carrier, and IMEI number.

2. Please cancel the 'solved' mark that I made a mistake to click because this issue is not solved yet.

3. On my phone, I turned on the two options (Help improve Motorola products, and Enhanced Device Support)

4. My phone is protected by Kaspersky Internet Security Android, and now it only is turned on my device administrators list.

Please investigate this issue, and solve if any problem exists.

The CPU clock-fall on low battery issue is not yet solved.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 827
Message 7 of 10

Re: CPU clock-fall on low battery issue (not yet solved)

Please dont start a new thread just because you marked the old one solved. Anyone trying to help loses the history, and it clutters forums.  

I removed your marked as solved 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
felix0121
Punch Card
Views: 820
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for your work and reply, and sorry for my mistake.

I hope this CPU under-clock issue got solved soon.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 786
Message 9 of 10

@felix0121 wrote:

Thanks for your work and reply, and sorry for my mistake.

I hope this CPU under-clock issue got solved soon.

Hi felix0121,

I apologize for the slight delay in response. We have received feedback from our team and found out that this is working as designed. This is a stock feature on the chipset as they try to balance battery life and CPU usage.

Looking at your screenshot, we can see that the CPU usage is low, so it is normal to have some cores disabled/less clock regardless of the battery save feature state.

I hope this clarifies the confusion.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

felix0121
Punch Card
Views: 776
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for your response.

If I remember correctly, the CPU clock falls to 1.11Ghz whatever I do on my phone - almost no exception, and often I do feel that the running app's whole progress (for example: game speed) gets pretty slower than working with full 1.65Ghz.

So I believe some apps still need all eight cores to be working, but anyway my phone is basically set up to turn them off on low battery. (when it reachs to 1/3 - 33% level around)

It is okay and good if the high-speed four cores are automatically turned off when not necessary, but it is really bad if they are turned off when actually necessary.

I want Motorola releases a proper update for better core management, or at least I hope I could change the setting as I want (but I failed to find out how to do it).