Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
64Mustang
Paper Tape
Views: 898
Message 21 of 29

Re: Droid max 2 Charging issue

Have you had any luck? I started to have this same issue after I replaced my battery in June 2018, original battery was used alot & just didn't last very long. I have checked for updates & shows none as of 02/12/2018, updated to 26.26.14 thats when the phone updated to Android 7.1.1  

RL67037
Punch Card
Views: 893
Message 22 of 29

On another forum, a user found a software reinstallation support from Verizon that helped them. Here is what they put on the other forum:

I have the same issue on the same phone, issues started after the 7.1.1 update. I am going to try to the Verizon Software Update - Software Upgrade / Repair Assistant (Motorola) and use the repair option and see if that works. You can find the link to it through some searching on an engine. This sounds like it would be the was to reflash the software on the phone.

I copied from "Verizon" to "(Motorola)" and Googled it and it tooke to the website where this help can be found. I tried it 3 times, one time using the option to factory reset the phone, and it did not help me. My phone is still having the same issues after trying this. But, you can try it and see if it helps you.

Good luck!!

64Mustang
Paper Tape
Views: 891
Message 23 of 29

I've put the old battery back in & it charges to 100% whether the phone is on or off. It just doesn't last very long when accessing the web & especially utube. This doesn't make any sense. I've talked to motorola tech support & all they have said is to reset the phone but it hasn't helped any of you that have tried the reset. I just found this forum today & was going to try the reset but now I don't think I will. I will never purchase a motorola again or any phone that makes it difficult to access the battery. The new battery only charges to around 80% showes TurboPower, charge indicator shows charging but like you - charge status shows not charging. I've recalibrated but no difference to the battery not charging beyond 80% 

RL67037
Punch Card
Views: 877
Message 24 of 29

So, your phone won't charge when powered on and when it charges while powered off it only charges to 80% and this is with a new battery? But your old battery charges to 100% powered on or off but doesn't last long? Interesting. I wasn't wanting to put a new battery in mine because the existing battery was working just fine one day (lasted all day with normal to heavy use) and then stopped charging to 100% over a three day period (would charge less and less over the 3 day period). Odd that a new battery has this problem but an old battery doesn't. Not sure how old my battery is since I bought the phone used off of eBay from a dealer - they might have replaced the battery before selling it. 

Did you try the software reset? There is an option to not factory reset the phone - have you tried that?

64Mustang
Paper Tape
Views: 867
Message 25 of 29

No I have not, how do you perform a software reset?

64Mustang
Paper Tape
Views: 865
Message 26 of 29

I went back & checked some of your last posts & found the software update you mentioned. The update done in Feb. is 26.26.14 so I'm thinking of contacting Verizon & see if they have any info reguarding this issue. If I have any success I will post the info. Thanks!!

64Mustang
Paper Tape
Views: 852
Message 27 of 29

After our last chat I was on Verizon's site checking up on that update you mentioned & a chat window popped up so I started a conversation. I mentioned the issues I was having & the tech started looking into my account - let me mention that I have insurance but it stated it doesn't cover batteries - long story short Verizon sent me a replacement phone, I believe due to it's not a simple pop out battery & that none of the local phone repair shops would touch this phone. Kudos to Verizon but I still will never purchase a phone that doesn't have a simple pop out battery. Sorry I couldn't help you & I feel that it's pretty crappy that Motorola hasn't corrected this issue that many are having even though this phone came out several years ago. 

RL67037
Punch Card
Views: 849
Message 28 of 29

That's great to hear the Verizon is taking care of you. I do not carry insurance on my phones since I normally buy them used and can replace them for less than what the normal deductible is for the insurance.

I contacted Motorola directly somehow (can't remember how) and had a lenghty email conversation with several of their techs and they, too, suggested that I get a new phone but they wouldn't replace mine for no charge (even though I feel that it was their fault that my phone is having problems). They offered to allow me to send it to them for repair, but the cost of that exceeded the cost of a new (used) phone. So, I did what they suggested and replaced the phone ... with a non-Motorola phone (Huawei Nexus 6P) ... because, like you, I will never use another Motorola phone again if I can help it. And here's the kicker when dealing directly with a Motorola "tech" ... no matter what they suggest you do, wheter your phone gets fixed or not, if you fail to respond to their email in 72 hours (I think), they mark the issue as "SOLVED". They do this even if their last email states that "we've tried everything and your only option is to replace your phone". Pretty underhanded if you ask me. Others who have this problem will get their hopes up seeing a green "SOLVED" banner to this problem, only to find out there is nothing they can do. Again, glad Verizon stepped up to the plate for you and did something to help you ... that's better than Lenovo/Motorola will ever do for thier "customers".

Have a great day!!

Highlighted
Dav1674
Paper Tape
Views: 459
Message 29 of 29

I booted my phone into factory mode.

Everything thing works on the charging part. When I go back to regular start up says not charging again. What besides the 4g lte is disabled?