Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howdypez
Blue Screen Again
Views: 324
Message 1 of 1

Maxx restored to factory setting by itself

First time poster, as I've had no real issues until today.

About 2 times in the last few months the phone shut itself off. No worries, turn the power back on and I'm good to go.

I should have had the phone looked at because today [at a youth trournament where I'm keeping news going via social media]  it started to do that, then froze on the power up screen [red circle graphic], I let it sit hoping it would resolve itself.

Nope, screen goes blank so I try to power it on again and this time is does, but takes me back to original factory settings.  Not too worried because contacts, photos, etc. are backed up.  Took the phone to the cell store that my plan is and they said there's nothing to do - have to reinstall all apps, settings, notifications, ringtones, wallpaper, etc.  What a pain! 

Nevermind that I missed an hour of the tournament going to the phone store, and then unable to update social media the rest of the day [took too long to reinstall apps and remember passwords].

Anyone have a clue what happened?  I'm not one to constantly upgrade phones [because I hate the time it takes to set them up] and now wondering what kind of phone to get. I don't want an iPhone, but hesitant to get another Droid...

A VERY frustrated Droid owner,

Stacie