cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cw_momof4
Paper Tape
Views: 725
Message 1 of 5

Occasionally freezes up! Android Nougat?

My Motorola DROID MAXX 2 occasionally freezes up? Is there anyway that I can fix this problem?

Also, when is Android Nougat going to be released to this device?

Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 723
Message 2 of 5

Re: Occasionally freezes up! Android Nougat?

try booting your phone in safe mode. That will tell you if one of your apps is causing it. 

Nougat should be out, my girlfriend got the update for hers maybe a month ago

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
cw_momof4
Paper Tape
Views: 706
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply back so quickly. Does your girlfriend's phone run on the Verizon network? I am on Verizon. I will try putting it in safe mode and check on that.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 688
Message 4 of 5

@cw_momof4 wrote:

My Motorola DROID MAXX 2 occasionally freezes up? Is there anyway that I can fix this problem?

Also, when is Android Nougat going to be released to this device?

Thanks!

Hi cw_momof4, 

Please be advised that lag time on a device is usually attributed to overuse of RAM, which in turn, is ascribed to either too many running applications in the background and/or too much memory being used by applications. The best recommendation we can give to help alleviate your issue is to uninstall apps you do not need or use and to ensure that all apps running in the background are closed to ensure that the processor runs at peak efficiency.

OTA updates are released depending on the model, country, and carrier. We recommend waiting for the official release of OTA update. You will receive notification about the update once available.  We share upgrade plans and more specific timing and keep everyone posted on our software upgrade page. Hope it helps.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Timgoins1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 404
Message 5 of 5

I wish we had the nougat update but it's going to be the first of September tomorrow and still nothing. I'm done with Motorola all together there nothing more than a big joke anyone.