Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bogoslof
Paper Tape
Views: 252
Message 1 of 2

On/Off button broke

My Droid Maxx2 was just a year and a half old when the On/Off button stopped working.

I Googled the problem and found out that the phone's On/Off control is held in place with

a little piece of tape that fails on a predictable basis.

There are many YouTube videos showing how tech savvy Droid Maxx2 owners can disassemble

their phones and fix the problem, but I am not tech savvy.

The phone is still under warranty, but I don't want to get another Droid Maxx2 because that

little piece of tape will probably let go the moment I get it, as it will already be a few years old

and 'ready' to let go.

To say that I am disappointed in Motorola, for using a little piece of tape that seems to be designed

to fail, to hold the phone's On/Off mechanism in place, would be a grand understatement.

My fire department pager is a Motorola.  My first cell phone was a Motorola Razor.

I used to like Motorola products and have never had one fail on me--until now. Smiley Sad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 220
Message 2 of 2

Re: On/Off button broke

@Bogoslof wrote:

My Droid Maxx2 was just a year and a half old when the On/Off button stopped working.

I Googled the problem and found out that the phone's On/Off control is held in place with

a little piece of tape that fails on a predictable basis.

There are many YouTube videos showing how tech savvy Droid Maxx2 owners can disassemble

their phones and fix the problem, but I am not tech savvy.

The phone is still under warranty, but I don't want to get another Droid Maxx2 because that

little piece of tape will probably let go the moment I get it, as it will already be a few years old

and 'ready' to let go.

To say that I am disappointed in Motorola, for using a little piece of tape that seems to be designed

to fail, to hold the phone's On/Off mechanism in place, would be a grand understatement.

My fire department pager is a Motorola.  My first cell phone was a Motorola Razor.

I used to like Motorola products and have never had one fail on me--until now. Smiley Sad

Hi Bogoslof,

You can submit the phone for service/replacement. However, we could only process like for like replacements. If you decide to carry on with it, you can go to this link to submit the replacement request: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support