Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfc69fb
What's DOS?
Views: 652
Message 1 of 3

Removing unwated aps - NFL mobile, Amazon, YouTube, etc

How do I remove these space wasting aps? I mean, its a computer... and like any computer, software can be removed, one way or another. I dont care if Motorola needs a software engineer to look into it or whatever, but I want these space wasters removed. They got put on the phone at some point, that means they can come off too.

Tidbits808
Token Ring
Views: 635
Message 2 of 3

Re: Removing unwated aps - NFL mobile, Amazon, YouTube, etc

Buy a pixel and same results, and that is from the developers of Android.  It's not up to Motorola for some of those apps you listed.  Licensing agreements dictate a lot of this.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 628
Message 3 of 3

Re: Removing unwated aps - NFL mobile, Amazon, YouTube, etc

@tfc69fb wrote:

How do I remove these space wasting aps? I mean, its a computer... and like any computer, software can be removed, one way or another. I dont care if Motorola needs a software engineer to look into it or whatever, but I want these space wasters removed. They got put on the phone at some point, that means they can come off too.

When you buy carrier branded phones, they decide what is removable. The best you can do is disable them, and they won't be seen. They are part of the ROM (read only memory) so they can't be deleted. Phones have inaccesible partitions - so unlike computers, you can't just wipe the entire drive clean as a user and start over. There is always a recovery partition, and these apps are part of it, so they can't be removed from the running os. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum