Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shuinva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,077
Message 1 of 8

SD card missing

Trying to figure out why my son's Maxx2 will no longer recognize the SD card.  I have the same phone with the same type of SD card and am not having the problem.  We have started it in Safe Mode and still get the error message.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,065
Message 2 of 8

Re: SD card missing

@shuinva wrote:

Trying to figure out why my son's Maxx2 will no longer recognize the SD card.  I have the same phone with the same type of SD card and am not having the problem.  We have started it in Safe Mode and still get the error message.

Cards do go bad. Try a different card in the phone. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
shuinva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,046
Message 3 of 8

We did try a different card and got the same message.  It all started on March 17 when we updated our software to 24.211.6. Both phones initially got the message that the SD card was missing.  We would power the phone off and turn them  back on and the phone would recognize the card for awhile.  After talking with Verizon Wireless, we were told to "Remove the SIM Card and SD Cards from both of the devices. Wait about 3-5 minutes and then replace the SIM Cards. Reboot the devices. Replace the SD Cards after the devices are booted back up".  I have not gotten the SD card missing message since but the other phone started getting the SD card missing message about 2 weeks later.  Now the SD card is not recognized as being in the phone at all.   (On top of all this the same phone is set to vibrate and at the time of the update the vibrate stopped working.)

shuinva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,030
Message 4 of 8

UPDATE:  Removed the SD card and did not replace it.  Phone began to vibrate again.  I took my phone's tray (I have a MAXX2 also) and inserted the other phone's SIM card with a working SD card .  The phone did not recognize that there was an SD card in it - No message of any type given.  Verizon wireless said to perform a factory reset but I am hoping there is another option. 

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,027
Message 5 of 8

@shuinva wrote:

UPDATE:  Removed the SD card and did not replace it.  Phone began to vibrate again.  I took my phone's tray (I have a MAXX2 also) and inserted the other phone's SIM card with a working SD card .  The phone did not recognize that there was an SD card in it - No message of any type given.  Verizon wireless said to perform a factory reset but I am hoping there is another option. 

If cache clear, safe mode and reset (without restoring or installing apps) doesn't fix it, and you know the SD card is good, then the phone needs service to correct. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
shuinva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,016
Message 6 of 8

shuinva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 974
Message 7 of 8

I walked into a store talking on my phone.  Phone powered off and when it came back on I received the message that my SD card was missing reinsert device.  My phone now won't recognize any SD card.  I have tried a couple of them and none work.  This makes 2 phone in our house that have the same issue.  I do not believe this is a phone problem.  It happened after the last update.  What can be done?

RL67037
Punch Card
Views: 446
Message 8 of 8

I had this problem as well and found a fix on a forum somewhere. In short, put a small piece of electrical tape (one or two layers) on the back side of the SD card behind the contacts to thicken the card at the contacts. that should hold the card contacts tighter to the contacts inside your phone. Did it to mine about 6 months ago and haven't had a problem since.