Did you mean: 
Ex-Motoman
Paper Tape
Views: 666
Message 1 of 3

WiFi Manager: NETWORK_SELECTION_PERMANENTLY_DISABLED to home router

Droid MAXX 2 - less than 2 years old

Router and home wifi network config unchanged for 2+ years

I had no network/connectivity problems until Jan 1, 2018.

On Jan 1, I lost the WiFi connection to my home router.  All attempts to reconnect have failed.  All other home devices are unaffected.    I have reset the router. I have power cycled the phone. I have forgotten the network and added it. I've configured the router for 2.4 GHz only, for 5 GHz only.  All devices remain happy except my MAXX 2, which still connects normally to WiFi networks at work.

However, I just discovered within the Developers options menu, an "Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging" switch, which I just enabled.

Now, when I use the stock WiFi Manager to view the available networks from home, under my SSID, it displays the following:

[(1)

{14:da:e9:f8:xx:xx=2422,-57}]

(NETWORK_SELECTION_PERMANENTLY_DISABLED)

NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_BY_WIFI_MANAGER=1

So that answers the question, "why can't I connect?". The phone blacklisted my router.

Does anyone know how this may have happened in the first place, and how I can clear it?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 637
Message 2 of 3

Re: WiFi Manager: NETWORK_SELECTION_PERMANENTLY_DISABLED to home router

@Ex-Motomanwrote:

Droid MAXX 2 - less than 2 years old

Router and home wifi network config unchanged for 2+ years

I had no network/connectivity problems until Jan 1, 2018.

On Jan 1, I lost the WiFi connection to my home router.  All attempts to reconnect have failed.  All other home devices are unaffected.    I have reset the router. I have power cycled the phone. I have forgotten the network and added it. I've configured the router for 2.4 GHz only, for 5 GHz only.  All devices remain happy except my MAXX 2, which still connects normally to WiFi networks at work.

However, I just discovered within the Developers options menu, an "Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging" switch, which I just enabled.

Now, when I use the stock WiFi Manager to view the available networks from home, under my SSID, it displays the following:

[(1)

So that answers the question, "why can't I connect?". The phone blacklisted my router.

Does anyone know how this may have happened in the first place, and how I can clear it?

have you tried safe mode? a reset?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Ex-Motoman
Paper Tape
Views: 598
Message 3 of 3

Re: WiFi Manager: NETWORK_SELECTION_PERMANENTLY_DISABLED to home router

[(1)

have you tried safe mode? a reset?

Thanks for such a quick response.  And no, I haven't done either yet.

As a temp workaround I attached an older wifi router behind my main router, and connect my phone to that one -- until it decides to blacklist that one, it works.