Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GB93
Paper Tape
Views: 548
Message 1 of 5

calls dropping

Phone calls have suddenly been dropping. Tried power down\up. Spouse has same phone and has same experience. This came about suddenly in the past few days. Calls drop in places where they never did before. I have 3 bars. It's happened at home, work and in between, and while driving. Any ideas?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 540
Message 2 of 5

Re: calls dropping

@GB93 wrote:

Phone calls have suddenly been dropping. Tried power down\up. Spouse has same phone and has same experience. This came about suddenly in the past few days. Calls drop in places where they never did before. I have 3 bars. It's happened at home, work and in between, and while driving. Any ideas?

If it is happening to you and spouse  and nothing else has changed, then i suspect a network issue in your area. 

If both phones had a software update maybe, but since you don't mention any kind of update, the only left is the network. The chances of both phones developing the same connectivity problem at the same time is remote. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
GB93
Paper Tape
Views: 537
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. Last software update was in November, so that's not the issue. Do I contact someone to report the issue?

I know other family memebers on Verizon have been fine (kids have iphones, no issues).

GB93
Paper Tape
Views: 525
Message 4 of 5

I turned OFF the HD Voice setting under Advanced Calling. I had my wife do the same on her phone. I was then able to have a 6 minute call without it dropping. Will try setting it back at a later date to see if issue comes back.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 521
Message 5 of 5

@GB93 wrote:

I turned OFF the HD Voice setting under Advanced Calling. I had my wife do the same on her phone. I was then able to have a 6 minute call without it dropping. Will try setting it back at a later date to see if issue comes back.

You can try reporting the issue to Verizon. It is not unheard of for them to update their towers/switches and affect some phones and not others. At least you have a work around for now 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum