cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDH-1
What's DOS?
Views: 562
Message 1 of 5

Has anyone had this problem with a MINI?

Has anyone had this problem with a Droid Mini?

On several occasions I have plugged my cell phone in and attempted to turn it off in order to charge it. Each time the phone powers off and then in a matter of seconds powers back on. When it comes back on the phones shows it is charging but it is at a slow rate. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Has anyone had this problem with a MINI?

Try Power the phone down before you plug the phone in. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

JDH-1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Joelbon, I did try it and it did not work. I also tried another MINI charger of another phone, the results were the same. Still trying.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5

It won't hurt the phone to be on while it is charging. Why is it so important to have it off while charging. If you just don't want to worry about getting calls and notifications than just turn on Airplane mode. This will keep it quiet and charge as well. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

OK, I just tried this on my Mini and it stayed off when I plugged it in. I wonder if you could try doing a wipe cache partition? Afterwards, test it again. Please report back what happened. Hope this helps.