Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J2MRedefine
What's DOS?
Views: 4,531
Message 11 of 28

Re: Stuck Restarting - Can't do recovery or reset

Ok to all of those out there I've delt with the mini doing this and BOOT LOOPING is a painful process.

There is no information and Motorola fails to provide real help or it takes a month before u get the software u need.

I can attached one of the files the sent me after i tried litterly everything: RDS, Motrolla troubleshooter, Rooting, ect. EVERYTHING bc i bought the phone from a person who worked for verizon on craigslist who got it through her company. I sent mine off to someone on ebay and ill contact him to see if he got it working.

J2MRedefine
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 28

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0xiJ6re-9NjYVpiUzlYOGlqclU/edit

J2MRedefine
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 28

got that from motorola a day after i sold the phone on ebay....

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 14 of 28

joshisagoodman said:

Wow - this just happened to me - Moto X, VZ.  'No valid PIV block in SP for system'.  Have no idea what this is, all I did was reboot my phone this morning.  Not a rooted phone.  ***?  Moto will send me a new replacement phone at no cost, which is cool, but what about my data?  I can't mount the phone as USB or perform a Recovery or Factory reset.. so I think I have a new paperweight Smiley Sad  This is absolutely awful.

View original

Did you buy the phone new?  This is not the kind of error you'd typically find in a phone that was never modded, so I'm wondering if maybe a prior owner worked on it?

J2MRedefine
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 28

dood mine was never modded before it happened either... i had it for 2 days and then it died on the 3rd i had no time to mod it nor do i care to mod anything

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 16 of 28

J2MRedefine said:

dood mine was never modded before it happened either... i had it for 2 days and then it died on the 3rd i had no time to mod it nor do i care to mod anything

View original

That's dudette, Sir.   ;-)

Did you buy the phone used?  If so, it's possible the prior owner modded it in some way.  It it was brand new from Motorola, it would have been under warranty...no?

J2MRedefine
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 28

True but i called verizon and motorola and they basically said screw off bc i bought the phone from a girl who worked for verizon. she got it at an employee appreciation event and it was never modded or touched before i got it. u could tell.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 18 of 28

For the warranty to be in effect, the user has to buy it new from an authorized retailer.  That's why you got the response you got.

But are you getting the same error message that @joshisagoodman is getting?

joshisagoodman
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 28

crystallet said:

joshisagoodman said:

Wow - this just happened to me - Moto X, VZ.  'No valid PIV block in SP for system'.  Have no idea what this is, all I did was reboot my phone this morning.  Not a rooted phone.  ***?  Moto will send me a new replacement phone at no cost, which is cool, but what about my data?  I can't mount the phone as USB or perform a Recovery or Factory reset.. so I think I have a new paperweight Smiley Sad  This is absolutely awful.

View original

Did you buy the phone new?  This is not the kind of error you'd typically find in a phone that was never modded, so I'm wondering if maybe a prior owner worked on it?

View original

Yep, I bought it brand new in January on Moto Maker. So frustrating!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 28

For those that bought from people who know people or from auction sites, it is important to note that you never know what the previous owner did to a phone. Even if they factory reset a phone, it could still be rooted or modified, or have bad code on it. That is one of the reasons why Verizon and Moto won't typically service them. There are too many variables.

If you bought the phone brand new and it's not working anymore, contact Motorola customer service. You have a 1-year warranty on the device. They should be able to service or replace the device at minimal or no cost to you.