Options

1 Posts

06-15-2020

US

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

When will they make another phone like this?

2020-06-15, 15:41 PM

What could be more fun that posting into a forum that has been silent for 4 years?

I'm still using my Droid Mini.  I've tried other phones in recent years, including some big brand flagships, and they are awful - I've returned the ones I've bought.  Every phone on the market is disgustingly large and made out of the frailest of materials - all seemingly to increase likelihood of breakage and costly replacement/repair. (Why would the BACK of a phone need to be glass?  That's just stupid.)

With updates to almost every app no longer supporting 32 bit systems and/or Android 4.4.4 (weren't we promised an update?), I'm being forced by the invisible hand of planned obsolescence to give up on using my phone (also, the battery only lasts a handful of hours on standby these days).  But there are no phones currently on the market that are worth buying or owning - so I may be forced to entirely drop my cell phone line. Is that what carriers and phone manufacturers are really trying to achieve?

So, the question is: when is Motorola planning to offer another smartphone that is

1. robust (seriously, the Kevlar back has been great and the screen has never cracked despite 6.5 years use without a case and hundreds of drops),

2. compact (there's NO valid reason for every smartphone to have a tablet-sized screen),

3. powerful (battery used to last DAYS on standby when it was new),

and 4. feature-rich?

Options

1 Posts

08-09-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:When will they make another phone like this?

2020-08-09, 20:53 PM

I sure do agree with everything you said. Love my Droid Mini, but wish there was something to replace it... or at least allow me to upgrade to higher Android version  (several apps that I want to use require at least Android5.... which was promised to us a few years ago).

Some folks complain about battery life.... well I can attest that it CAN be replaced... Google it.

Unfortunately, just after I replaced the battery a few months ago, I fell in my swimming pool... you guessed it...Mini in pocket...wouldn't work.  So I bought a new one.

Like you, I suppose there won't be much response to an old blog like this.  But if a new SMALL smartphone comes along, I'll bet it will sell rapidly.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete