Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinsane333
What's DOS?
Views: 1,050
Message 1 of 10

bug fix... wireless charging sound

I hope they plan to fix the wireless charging noise...

anytime its put on the charger it makes a horribly loud dinging sound(sometimes twice)

only way to silence is to turn the ringer all the way down and I need to keep the ringer up.

seems like it would be a simple fix to allow the sound to be turned off or turned down.

anyone else have this issue?

Vincam
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 10

Re: bug fix... wireless charging sound

Yes, mine does that too, luckily I charge it when I'm sleeping so the ringer is already off but it would be nice if it did not make that noise.

Vincam
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 10

The new update did change the wireless charging screen, it is faster to connect and much less noisy but it does still make the same noise, just not as loud now.

maderf__
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 10

Received a system update late last week, the 8th of Nov I believe and after the update I can no longer silent the wireless charger sound when I place my phone onto it, where before if I turned the phone sound off, the charger sound was also turned off.  Called Verizon and they could not find a solution.  Anyway to turn this off or is it something missed or forgotten in the update?

Vincam
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 10

Nope, apparently a consequence of them updating the wireless charging feature they forgot to allow you to silence it, hadn't tried it until I read your post but like you said it used to go quiet with the phone, now no way I can find to silence it.
AlbanyChris
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 10

As another poster said, this is a result of an apparent bug in the update from Verizon.

I agree it seems faster to connect, however it seems to be much more sensitive to phone location now, and if the phone is not perfectly located on the wireless charging base it will chime repeatedly as it tells you it found the wireless charging base, and is charging, wait, found the base.  Charging.  Found the base, charging.  Chime. Chime. Chime. Chime. Chime.  Every second or so.

Could someone from Motorola call my wife and explain why I am waking her up every few nights???

Sokerdelic
Punch Card
Message 7 of 10

AlbanyChris said:

As another poster said, this is a result of an apparent bug in the update from Verizon.

I agree it seems faster to connect, however it seems to be much more sensitive to phone location now, and if the phone is not perfectly located on the wireless charging base it will chime repeatedly as it tells you it found the wireless charging base, and is charging, wait, found the base.  Charging.  Found the base, charging.  Chime. Chime. Chime. Chime. Chime.  Every second or so.

Could someone from Motorola call my wife and explain why I am waking her up every few nights???

View original

My phone does the same thing... the fix i have found that works for my phone is once it starts the charging cycle of on and off pick the phone off of the wireless charging base. Wait for the base light to turn off and also you phone does not see charging anymore. Then place the phone back on the charging base. I have found that this fixes the cycling issues and works like it should.

justinsane333
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 10

well... hopefully they fix this.  it was bad to start with since you couldn't disable the sound... now its terrible.  chimes at least 5-10 times when initially connecting and the "sweetspot" you have to find is much, much smaller.  If nothing else they need to at least go back to how it was initially.   I will have to try the remove phone and put it back trick. 

droidhoward
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 10

Ok, this is the only thread I could find that addresses the issue I'm having, so apologies for resurrecting a "dead thread", but if I get no response, I'll make a new thread.

The Droid Mini phone is ideal for me, as is the Verizon wireless charging stand I bought to go with it. However, and speaking of "stand", I can't *stand* the QI charger notification sound. Ok, bad pun, but for an otherwise nearly perfect phone, the inability to turn off that notification sound is disappointing. It sounds like an electronic elephant trumpeting, and it's the loudest sound the phone can possibly make.

Sure, if I use the volume controls or otherwise silence the phone, no trumpets. But muting the sound, placing it on the charger, then turning the sound back up so I can hear notifications, is way more trouble than plugging in the OEM wall charger.

Here is what I have read and tried, but these fixes only work for a while, and I don't know what combination of settings or how, once silenced, the trumpets get turned on again without warning:

"Has to do with the Battery Saver feature, you need to turn that off" - turned that off, and the sound was gone for a while, but I like the battery saver feature Smiley Sad

"You need to turn off Active Display" - wait a minute, that's one of the phone's best features. Worked for a while also.

"You need to turn off both Active Display and Battery Saver and then power-off reboot" - OK, I held the volume-up and power buttons depressed until the second vibration, the phone booted up from a cold start. That worked for a while, but the sound came back.

My observation is that it seems to happen more often if the battery is especially low, as if the little elephant in the phone is really excited to connect to a wireless charger.

No, I don't have any extra battery saver apps or fancy notification or volume apps installed. I got the phone three weeks ago and bought the QI charger a week ago.

I hesitate to call the 800 number, because most of the time, the help people are only dealing with people with routine problems, like those in the knowledge base on the Motorola and Verizon sites. Besides the waiting on hold, I don't relish going through all the things I've tried already while the representative makes suggestions as if I have never used a cell phone before. /rant

Sorry. I had to blow off a little steam. This is keeping me up nights. Literally.
droidhoward
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 10

Oh, my - the above post was one block of text. I had line breaks making easy to read paragraphs. Edited the post to put in html breaks