Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gtardy
What's DOS?
Views: 251
Message 1 of 2

Droid Pro Plus has failed digitizer

I have owned a Droid Pro Plus (Pro+ 4G) from Bell Canada from launch last November. After just 6 months of use, the screen started to go haywire. Sometimes it doesn't get my touch inputs, other times it goes into "automatic mode" with continuous random inputs until I turn off the screen.

According to a phone shop person I interviewed, this has to do with the touchscreen's digitizer. Do you have any comment on that?

This phone has always been handled with care - never dropped, never wet, absolutely spotless - and thus how this could fail on me after just 6 months of use is beyond belief. I am currently on travel in the USA, and wonder if the guarantee is international???

Highlighted
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 251
Message 2 of 2

Re: Droid Pro Plus has failed digitizer

Hello, software conflicts can mimic some types of hardware failures, including digitizer anomalies.  Put your phone into safe mode (described below) and then test your phone.  If the problem is now gone, you have a third party application as the source of your problem.  To the best of my knowledge, warranty issues must be resolved by Motorola in the country of purchase.   --- Dan

Enable Safe mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button

2. Select Power off.
    Power off

3. Press the Power button.
    Power button

4. Once the Motorola logo appears, press and hold the S key.
    Motorola logoS key

5. Hold the S key until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the home screen.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Safe mode

6. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.

7. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.

8. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Disable Safe mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Power button

2. Select Power off.
    Power off

3. Press the Power button.
    Power button