Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaycough
What's DOS?
Views: 489
Message 1 of 6

Droid Pro Video

Having problems with other users hearing sound from my text videos. At first it was IPhone users and I blew them off. But recently several friends purchased Droid Maxx HD. So being of the same blood figured they could hear my sound....nope. I use stock camcorder app that came with phone and prefer to stay with it, since add ons, don't fully integrate. My videos are in 3gp format. Is it my phone? is that a setting I can access? is there a newer factory app I can download, etc....  I can playback video and hear on my phone...Thanks

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 6

Re: Droid Pro Video

Hello Jay.  When you say text videos, are you sending out MMS and people on the other end have trouble hearing them?  Can they hear them at all or is the volume just low on their end or is the sound distorted on their end?  And just to be sure we're on the same page, you can hear the videos you have created just fine, is that correct?     --- Dan

jaycough
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

yes on MMS, i am in text message, hit insert new vidoes, take video, save video, it inserts and poof away it goes. there is no sound on other end. If I play videos back on my phone or open it from text message, it plays fine. If it was justone phone, I would think them. But it is happening on multiple phones (apple and android-Droids). I did a factory reset or master reset of phone and did test video and still happens.Thanks 

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 6

null

yes on MMS, i am in text message, hit insert new vidoes, take video, save video, it inserts and poof away it goes. there is no sound on other end. If I play videos back on my phone or open it from text message, it plays fine. If it was justone phone, I would think them. But it is happening on multiple phones (apple and android-Droids). I did a factory reset or master reset of phone and did test video and still happens.Thanks 

View original

Thanks for the rapid reply, Jay.  Can you please put your phone into safe mode, send a video MMS message to someone and then tell me if they still have no audio on their end?   TIA      --- Dan

jaycough
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

sent to droid max HD and Iphone. video with no sound. videos taken and sent via text in safe mode. plays on my phone fine

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 6

null

sent to droid max HD and Iphone. video with no sound. videos taken and sent via text in safe mode. plays on my phone fine

View original

You fast responses are very much appreciated.  How long has this being going on?  I'm not sure this is not a network issue.  For the sake of testing, I realize you don't care for third party applications; however, in this case were I you I would download "Handcent" texting client from the Play Store for free and see if you have the same results using that app.     --- Dan