Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanohead
Fanfold Paper
Views: 330
Message 21 of 24

Re: Droid Pro keyboard backlight not working properly after upgrading to 2.3.3

jkunert said:

My reply from earlier today appears to have alterations. I will try again.

First verify if the Droid Pro's keyboard light is working. Cover the top left corner of phone. There is a light sensor at the top left corner. The backlight should turn on. If it does, remove the battery for at least one minute, preferably longer. Put battery back in. When the Droid Pro completes powering up, the keyboard light works. The problem was due to the last software patch.

The above process works for my Droid Pro. Good Luck Smile

This procedure seems to have worked for mine.  I guess it calibrates the light sensor and its software through this process.  The keyboard backlight works correctly now since I did this yesterday

Sevill
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 24

I think I have found the problem causing the back light not to work properly. Now, I pray, someone can figure out how to fix it. The other evening my phone rebooted itself and all of the sudden the little red light was on indication the back light sensor was back in business. I tested it out and all looked good. I was a happy camper. However, when I plugged my phone in to charge it up, the red light was not on and the back light was back to not working correctly in the dark. I unplugged the phone from charging and still broken.

So there is an issue with the charging the phone and the backlight working the way it is suppose to. In addition to that, the backlight sensor does not work at all while charging. I have not pulled the battery again to test this out once more, but I am positive there is a link. Motorla make me proud and solve this issue ASAP. I am not going to pull my battery out everyday.

Sevill
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 24

Update to my discoveries. Phone rebooted itself and the backlight sensor was wroking again. This time it stopped working when I used my Task Killer. So hopefully the last update is now allowing the Task Killer to turn it off. I will attempt to fiigure out what the Task Killer is shutting down, but help would be appreciiated.
joe_in_balto
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 24

I expect you're hoping to get help from the forum users, because Motorola is clearly useless.  They won't even acknowledge the problem much less fix it.  Beyond useless really, useless and a frustrating waste of time.  I really hope a competitor builds a phone with a keyboard...one that consistently works.  Too much to ask?