Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karalj218
What's DOS?
Views: 422
Message 1 of 5

Droid Pro, screen won't turn on once call is connected

I recently updated my phone to Android 2.3.3. I like everything about this update for my phone except for when I make calls. Even with my old version, my screen would naturally turn off to prevent me from disconnecting the call with my face, however, simply hitting the power button at the top of the phone would turn my screen back on. This allowed me to end the call, search through my phone while on a call, send a text, put on speaker phone, etc. Since I've updated my phone, my screen refuses to turn on during a call, which is beyond frustrating. One, when someone texts me,  I'll hear the notification while on the call , but I will have to wait until the other person ends the call for my screen to turn back on and I can continue from there. Two, there will be times when I will call people first, and should they not answer, I can't simply end the call because the screen won't come on.. I instead have to take out the battery and fully restart my phone. The ONLY time my screen will stay on during a call is when I have my earphones connected. I don't know why that is, not do I want to take every call with my earphones just so I can end the call myself.

If you know what I can do to fix this problem, or if you know of any additional update I can put on my phone, I would so appreciate it. Thanks for all your help ahead of time!

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 5

Re: Droid Pro, screen won't turn on once call is connected

karalj218 wrote:

I recently updated my phone to Android 2.3.3. I like everything about this update for my phone except for when I make calls. Even with my old version, my screen would naturally turn off to prevent me from disconnecting the call with my face, however, simply hitting the power button at the top of the phone would turn my screen back on. This allowed me to end the call, search through my phone while on a call, send a text, put on speaker phone, etc. Since I've updated my phone, my screen refuses to turn on during a call, which is beyond frustrating. One, when someone texts me,  I'll hear the notification while on the call , but I will have to wait until the other person ends the call for my screen to turn back on and I can continue from there. Two, there will be times when I will call people first, and should they not answer, I can't simply end the call because the screen won't come on.. I instead have to take out the battery and fully restart my phone. The ONLY time my screen will stay on during a call is when I have my earphones connected. I don't know why that is, not do I want to take every call with my earphones just so I can end the call myself.

If you know what I can do to fix this problem, or if you know of any additional update I can put on my phone, I would so appreciate it. Thanks for all your help ahead of time!

I recommend you do two things to start the troubleshooting.  Power down your device, pull the battery for at least a full minute, reinstall the battery, power up and check for proper function.  If you still have the problem, put your phone into safe mode, if your phone now functions correctly, you have a third party application that is the root cause of your problem.  Please leave feedback on the results of your findings.   --- Dan

karalj218
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

So I tried the battery pull and had no luck... still can't turn on my screen during a call. I then tried to set my phone into smart mode and it's impossible to do so. I hold the "S" during startup waiting for the notification to appear saying I've entered smart mode, but it never happens. I don't know what to do

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 5

karalj218 wrote:

So I tried the battery pull and had no luck... still can't turn on my screen during a call. I then tried to set my phone into smart mode and it's impossible to do so. I hold the "S" during startup waiting for the notification to appear saying I've entered smart mode, but it never happens. I don't know what to do

Hello.  I'm not sure where you received your instructions for entering safe mode, but the method you tried is not correct...here is link for entering safe mode on the Droid Pro.    --- Dan

claygoss
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

I am not saying this is your problem, but I have this from time to time when I have placed a number of calls or have been on a long call.  Why?  Because my body produces much sweat.  When I look at the face of my droid pro, it is very wet and if I wipe it off with a cloth, the display comes back.

I wish it had a setting labeled "Ignore the sweat and only blank when my ugly head it there!", but I don't expect that feature any time soon!