Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawnE
What's DOS?
Views: 243
Message 1 of 1

Gingerbread update on Droid Pro problems

Ever since I've updated the software on my phone I've had nothing but problems.  The two most common are the phone freezes and it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes for me to be able to use the phone again.  Also, I'm only able to use it after I have to either select "wait" or "force quit" in order to move past the freeze up.  I select "force close" every time because that is the only way I've been able to tell that I can trigger a report. The second biggest problem is that the touch screen doesn't reappear after I take my phone away from my ear either to end a call, enter numbers for a numeric menu, or select/unselect speaker phone or mute.  Incidentally, after I called tech support on this issue today, I got a call back with a survey only I couldn't take the survey because I couldn't select the numbers....it's more problematic when I'm trying to leave professional voicemails and the only way to hang up at the end is to disassemble my phone and take out the battery. Another minor problem is that the key pad only lights up half the time when I'm trying to text.  Makes it pretty tough to send text messages when the light is low.

I've stopped in the store multiple times about these issues and no fixes yet.  The last time, they did a factory reset.  Which is how I also know it's not a problem with a third party application.  Immediately after the factory reset was complete, I tried to accept a call.  Once that call was done, I wasn't able to hang up the phone.  That was before I had installed any third party apps.

Seriously, what is wrong with this stupid phone and how in the world can it be fixed?  I've loved droid in the past, but I'm about ready to jump ship and leave my carrier so I can get a new phone that isn't a broken droid.  When will this software problem get fixed???!!!!