Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicky_from_Lond
What's DOS?
Views: 239
Message 1 of 2

Motorola Droid Pro in UK

Hello,

I'm hoping that one of you technical guys may be able to help me?..........

I live in the UK, and I purchased a Motorola Droid Pro, off ebay last september.

The man who owned it before me unlocked it from the Verizon USA network, and installed Gingerbread 2.3.3

I love the phone, but am soooooo frustrated because I can not send/receive MMS or search the internet via 3g.

I can make calls & send sms though.

I am with Vodafone, here in the UK, and Vodafone have checked-and-double-checked my APN settings, and they can't see why there's a problem.   Anyway, I don't think it's a "Vodafone" problem, because mms etc works just fine if I put the sim in my old handset.

I have searched all over google for an anwer, and even asked Android magazine here in uk. - no one seems to know.

Have I been really stupid, and brought a handset that just can't cope with MMS'ing and 3g Web browsing in the UK?  (my husband thinks that I have!)Frown

Maybe i need to input 2 APN settings? one for internet, one for mms?

Please please help! it's so frustrating having a "smart phone" that's not so smart!  - Never thought I'd miss the ability to send/receive mms, and google something when I'm at the shops!!!!!!!   LOL!

Kindest Regards

Nichola from UK

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 239
Message 2 of 2

Re: Motorola Droid Pro in UK

I did a little Googling on this and have seen that there are other people that are having the same problem with Vodafone. There were a couple of mentions that T-Mobile was working fine for them when they tried that service. Maybe you should try switching services? Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.