Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zachattack112
Token Ring
Views: 533
Message 11 of 31

Re: No data connection abroad!

Have you tried removing the SIM card and putting it back in?

You should go to ZAIN and see what they could do

rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 31

I removed the battery, removed the SIM, did 3 factory resets, and still nothing.

-Removing directions to hidden menus on your phone. Modifying setting through these menus is considered hacking to use on your service providers network in ways other than intended. Kindly  read the house rules.

Message was edited by: Mark (Forums Manager)

WARNING: If you're not currently in the US and the only band you find is USA band, DON"T SELECT IT! I did that and lost all connectivity and had to factory reset.

michaelk1
Token Ring
Message 13 of 31

in the US- currently on verizon- vodafone sim installed from factory.

when i go to select band USA is the only choice for me too.

shot in the dark- can you try to turn on gps and see what it does- I know with verizon windows "world phones" they somehow locked the phones to CDMA in the us. So I'm wondering if your phone thinks it's in physically in the US so it wont allow world bands?

also- what are the band options with the vodaphone sim back in?

If you are a current verizon customer- then might be worth a call to their global support number. Its 1-908-559-4899 (sorry dont know the US country code). I think current verizon customers can call that number collect- but NOT CERTAIN.

rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 31

GPS trick did not help.

WIth Verizon card I still get only USA band.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 15 of 31

rafeee2 wrote:

GPS trick did not help.

WIth Verizon card I still get only USA band.

Rafeee2, I would go to the nearest ZAIN office and speak to them in person to have them explain why this is not working on your phone.  I do not believe that it is an issue with your phone.   --- Dan

rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 31

I'll try to visit them soon, they're closed today..

How about the baseband version? Could it be that the default baseband does not play nice with the carrier network here? I've seen other Droid users (Original Droid, Milestone, Milestone 2, Droid 2 Global) reporting similar behavior being attributed to baseband issues.

The point is, the exact same APN settings are working on my Samsung Spica, and my wife's Motorola Defy. I don't think the settings really make a difference.

rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 31

OK so I contacted the carrier (Zain) today, they asked whether this same SIM with the same APN settings works on any other phones, & when I answered yes they said this means that there's nothing wrong on their side.

So now I'm back to square 1, any ideas?

rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 31

Googling around led me to *something* that might be similar:

A user reported the exact same issue using another Android phone on Vodafone Netherlands. Support answered him by this:

It is an issue between Qualcomm equipment in our One and some operator's  equipment. The operators deny access to the phone because of  we-don't-know-yet. This bug is affecting all devices with MSM7225  chipset running Android at least.

Could this be my case? They later provided a software update that solved this issue for him.

http://forum.geeksphone.com/index.php?topic=455.0

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 19 of 31

I doubt that is it (could be similar though) because the Droid Pro runs a TI processor not the Qualcomm MSM processor.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 31

I didn't mean that it's the exact same case, I am interested in the following part:

The operators deny access to the phone because of  we-don't-know-yet.

and also interested in the part where they fixed it