Droid Pro supports

• 800/1900 CDMA EVDO Rev. A with diversity antenna
  • 850/900/1800/1900MHz GSM
  • GPRS Class 12
  • EDGE Class 12
  • 850/1900/2100 WCDMA (category 9/10)
  • HSDPA 10.2mbps
  • HSUPA 5.76mbps

This is a rather complex topic -- have you tried our FAQs for support? Here's kind of an all-purpose FAQ with answers to a lot of global roaming questions.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
rafeee2
What's DOS?
Views: 548
Message 22 of 31

Re: No data connection abroad!

Your FAQ link deals mainly with international roaming issues. I'm unlocked & using a local SIM so it's not the same case.

I know that the Pro supports almost every band there is, that's why I'm questioning the software.

I had the same issue before with my Samsung Galaxy Spica. It came out of the box with broken data connectivity. I could only use WiFi, while EDGE and 3G were a no go. Even after I defined the APN manually, the G/E/3G/H icon never appeared. Later I paid the dealer a visit and they updated me to the latest ROM for my region. I just inserted the SIM and defined the same APN settings as before and there, working data connection!

rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 31

In the *#*#INFO#**#* --> Phone Info screen, is it normal for the "Neighboring CID" to be Unknown?

On my wife's Defy it's showing what looks lime some hexadecimal values.

I'm trying to point out all the symptoms, maybe that'll get us somewhere.

rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 31

I finally have a working data connection! On another provider's SIM card though.

Seems the problem is with the carrier itself after all...

Well. I never liked them much to start with

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 25 of 31

Glad you got it working,

Which provider worked, and which one didn't? This may help others.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 31

You are right:

Zain bad,

Wataniya good.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 27 of 31

I've been asking around about this. The best recommendation I've found is to

rename/update the APN settings (Settings > Wireless & network settings > Mobile networks > Access point  names) and then power cycle the phone.

The carrier should be able to provide APN settings but there are some lists you can find online, like here.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
rafeee2
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 31

I already have the correct APN settings for Zain, they just won't work on my Pro.

I don't care much though now, I just wanted to make sure nothing's wrong with my Pro.

What interests me now is whether this can be fixed from Motorola's side or not.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 29 of 31

I'm not sure, but I'm reporting all of these incidents where connections aren't working. I am trying to first confirm that the correct APN settings are in and the cards work on other phones, and that seems to be the case here.

gmichelson
Paper Tape
Message 30 of 31

Matt,

My Droid Pro is loosing data connection multiple times a day, people telling me that try to call me and calls are going into voice mail - I don't see any calls coming in. Visual Voicemail cannot log in while roaming on GSM network (did not work in Macedonia and Ukraine), recovered when I entered CDMA roaming country (Israel), but here it switches between 3G and 1X and highly unreliable. While on GSM, I was able to put phone into airplane mode and back and that was restoring data connection, but it does not work on CDMA - power cycling required.

George