Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noworries
What's DOS?
Views: 362
Message 1 of 4

Pre-Installed Music App

Anyone know how to fix or has anyone ever see the music app not allow you to click/drag songs on the playlist in the order you want?  I've created a couple of playlists on my music app and then when I try to move the order it only works about 50% of the time.  Some songs will move and others won't.  It's been frustrating.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 4

Re: Pre-Installed Music App

noworries wrote:

Anyone know how to fix or has anyone ever see the music app not allow you to click/drag songs on the playlist in the order you want?  I've created a couple of playlists on my music app and then when I try to move the order it only works about 50% of the time.  Some songs will move and others won't.  It's been frustrating.

Hello noworries.  I personally have not experienced this, have you put your phone into safe mode to see if this behavior continues when in this troubleshooting mode with the native player?  You might also want to consider downloading another music app from the Market to see if you continue to experience similar behavior.  Incidently, you cannot execute third party applications when in safe mode, just an FYI.    --- Dan

noworries
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

I have not tried safe mode.  I searched my manual for instructions on how to do it and didn't see anything.  Verizon's website says only to do it before a factory (hard) re-set.  Not sure I want to do that.  I have tried 3rd party music players such as google, proplayer, etc.  They allow me to change the playlist order with no issue.  The problem is the amazon mp3 and music app pre-installed on the phone allow me to operate music without doing the swipe unlock.  I can play music, pause, skip forward/back from the home screen without unlocking (I do have to still press the power button to turn on)  I like that!  The other players did not allow me to do this.

edent
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

The easiest thing to do is install WinAmp from the market. It's free and much better than the stock music player.