Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yk2100
What's DOS?
Views: 1,722
Message 1 of 3

SD card blank or has unsupported file system

I tried to format the card and mount it. When I press format SD card, erase SD card box appears, I confirm Erase everything appears, I select it.

Then I select Mount SD card, but nothing happens.

I cannot take pictures. The phone works.

When I insert SD card in my PC it shows a bumch of folders (all empty).

I would appreciate help how to fix this.

Thank you.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: SD card blank or has unsupported file system

Try to format it with the computer and then put it in the phone and see if it will mount it.

When you format it on the computer use the fat file system. Uncheck the Quick format tick box as well. This will completely wipe the drive before it formats it. It will take longer, but does a better job. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

gendat1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: SD card blank or has unsupported file system

"SD card blank or has an unsupported filesystem."  I've tried every fix.  These SAME cards (I have a few) can be taken out and read and used on a pc and any number of other android phones.  I am a virgin mobile customer w/ a motorola triumph.  This phone os is fixed can never be updated (not the issue).  It is droid 2.2.2.  Anyways, same issue - RANDOM failure of SD card.  Phone can just be sitting by itself for 24 hours and boom, either locks or reboots itself with subsequent sd error. And after months of use, boom, it can reverse itself.    But, then, boom, reverse, haha.  You'll also see Nook tablet owners complaining of this.  It is obviously a very expensive fix for google and their partners OR could it be as perverse as an agreed upon technique to get folks to purchase new?  Either way, it truly is horrible the way they've danced around it.  Next phone is iOS or windows for me.