Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aokelekian
What's DOS?
Views: 426
Message 1 of 4

connection to pc problem

i tried connecting my droid pro to my new computer (windows 7 ultimate) and it will not recognize it. i set to usb debugginh mode and set the device as mass storage but it wont seem to work. i tried updating driver and it states that the driver is current. what else can i do?

when i was using windows xp computer i could easily exchange files when connecting as mass storage device, but now it wont recognize my phone.

noworries
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: connection to pc problem

Don't use the usb to connect to your computer.  Share your documents folder on your pc and connect your Droid Pro through the wireless.  If you download an app like File Manager you can set your documents folder on your pc as a bookmark in your file manager and transfer any files that way without connection using usb.  I got tired of using a sync cable to transfer music, videos, etc.  Now I can do it anywhere in my house just by using File Manager app.

aokelekian
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

dear noworries,

i am unfamiliar with the method you are trying to explain. i'm not a beginner with a computer but im not sure how to share documents and how to access them via wireless from my phone. i would appreciate some insight. thank you

you can email me directly if you wish at aokelekian@pol.net

noworries
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

First, you will need to set up your home pc as a network.  I don't have W7 at home, but I do at work.  I believe you have to set up in W7 as a homegroup.  Go to microsoft.com and do a search for homegroup on W7.  Should give you instructions.  You want to be able to access your documents folder via your home wireless network.

Second, download "File Manager" app from the Android Market.  Once downloaded go into File Manager, select network, then select scan.  The File Manager should find your shared documents folder on your pc.  Click on it and you will see your documents on your pc.  Press and hold the screen on the documents folder for the menu.  Click on bookmark.

This will give you access to your folder your pc to transfer files, pictures, videos, music etc back and forth between your Droid Pro and your home PC.  I do it all the time, but I have Windows XP Pro at home.  I never use my sync cord (usb).