Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
motoman2
What's DOS?
Views: 692
Message 1 of 4

will fact.reset of Xt609 unlock me from revol ?

I have a new Xt609 milestone plus.My carrier Revol went out of business ,Now i have a new useless Xt609 ,Will Factory reset Unlock it so i can find a new Carrier ? Or is my new Xt609 just trash now ? It will shut off forever  on jan 16 2014.any ideas ? thanx,,,

LiftedTrees_97
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: will fact.reset of Xt609 unlock me from revol ?

What is the main idea of this question?

Are you asking if a factory reset will unlock the phone? No.

I am in the US, I don't know if Revol is CDMA

The xt609 is a world phone right? It works on GSM and CDMA if I'm not mistaken.

and If that's the case, and it was made before the pricks at the white house made unlocking illegal, (or if you're outside the US)

You could always just get it unlocked, 

Best of luck

motoman2
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Im not as Tech savvy as the rest of you are about these Smartphones,Im just trying to learn,I dont know the difference of""Unlock"or "Factory reset" .I am in the US but when i went to several Carriers ,ie, ATT,Tmobile,Boost mobile,AIO,etc,etc...They all give me the same answer,NO ! they say .."Since i purchased this Xt609 at the Revol store ,and its not using a SIM card ,It was made specially for Revol" ,Personally i think im being lied too by the carriers just wanting me to buy a new phone,but this phone is New,it was just on the Revol network ...and if a "Factory reset" wont release me from Revol ,who went out of business btw ..how do i get this thing unlocked ? and by whom ? as i said ,the big boys wont touch it,So who do i turn to now! ill never buy another Smart phone again if its this much trouble and none of the carriers will help me in my situation,Cant get in touch with Revol either, they are out of business.,im so screwed...thanx for reading this post .

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 4

Revol was a CDMA carrier and if your phone doesn't use a SIM card; unfortunately it's stuck, major carriers won't generally activate a phone from another carrier. You might want to try Cricket though
*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees