Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

139 Posts

05-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 7

Anybody's WiFi Stop Working?

2014-06-05, 5:50 AM

I have the KitKat 4.4.2 update just like everyone else.  The WiFi has worked fine up until two days ago.  I am standing right next to my home WiFi and it is not connecting.  I forced my phone to forget my network and then re-established it, but it doesn't appear to connect (symbol in the upper right hand corner).  It takes my password, says its saved, but the 4G icon is still showing up.  My wife's Samsung Galaxy S3 is picking up the network just fine, but mine is not.  Suggestions?  Has this happened to anyone else? 

Answer
Options

2 Posts

06-16-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Anybody's WiFi Stop Working?

2014-06-16, 14:49 PM

Motorola has a big bug in Bluetooth/Wifi software in this update.  Only thing that works is to turn off Bluetooth if you want to use WiFi!  WiFi will work for a few minutes after you turn Bluetooth on but will stop in a few minutes (even though settings say it is on).  WiFi will recover after Bluetooth is turned off.  Put pressure on Motorola to fix this ASAP.

Update: Still no fix from Motorola.  However, WiFi 5Ghz works with Bluetooth.  2.4GHz WiFi does not.  Problem is most people don't have 5GHz WifFi, I had to buy one so I could use Bluetooth at home.  My access point allows different SSIDs for 5 and 2.4 so I didn't setup the home 2.4 SSID on my phone.  When away I can still connect to 2.4 access points but I don't use Bluetooth in most of those situations (I don't use a headset).

Replies(6)
Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

2014-06-05, 17:11 PM

Try resetting the router. Have had similar issues with other phones, and a router reset fixed the problem.

Options

139 Posts

05-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2014-06-16, 14:22 PM

grandsport - I reset my router and this did not fix the issue.  I have "forgotten" my home network, reset my home router, turned my phone back on and it still doesn't connect.  It's not a signal strength issue because my wife  can connect with no problem.  In fact my phone will prompt me if I want to connect to it, but after I type in the password, or since it already knows the password, it tries and nothing happens.  I saw some articles out there that I should try clearing my cache.  I'll give that a try, but I don't think that will work.  The only other thing to do is do a factory reset . . . this will be the second one in six months.  I am getting really tired of cell phones "mysteriously" breaking in your second year of a contract .  .  .especially when one is happy with the phone. 

Answer
Options

2 Posts

06-16-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2014-06-16, 14:49 PM

Motorola has a big bug in Bluetooth/Wifi software in this update.  Only thing that works is to turn off Bluetooth if you want to use WiFi!  WiFi will work for a few minutes after you turn Bluetooth on but will stop in a few minutes (even though settings say it is on).  WiFi will recover after Bluetooth is turned off.  Put pressure on Motorola to fix this ASAP.

Update: Still no fix from Motorola.  However, WiFi 5Ghz works with Bluetooth.  2.4GHz WiFi does not.  Problem is most people don't have 5GHz WifFi, I had to buy one so I could use Bluetooth at home.  My access point allows different SSIDs for 5 and 2.4 so I didn't setup the home 2.4 SSID on my phone.  When away I can still connect to 2.4 access points but I don't use Bluetooth in most of those situations (I don't use a headset).

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

06-16-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2014-06-16, 14:57 PM

Motorola claims that they are sending an update to fix it beginning June 9.  I haven't seen it, not holding my breath either and can't say it will fix it.

Options

139 Posts

05-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2014-06-16, 16:48 PM

r_fling - thanks for the information!  I would not hold my breath either.  I have never seen Motorola/VerizonWirelss put out something this fast before.  I used to be in the group that got s/w ahead of time to test it out . . . that is until I had to get another Droid RAZR MAXX HD because it would not boot at all.  I do not know how that group can determine if a s/w rollout is any good within one weekend.  Some of these issues may take a while to iron out.  I did not have this wifi problem right away.  So, we'll see what happens.  I am getting tired of doing a Factory Reset on my phone.  It's a royal pain to bring it back to the state where it was previously before the Factory Reset.

Options

139 Posts

05-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2014-06-17, 22:12 PM

r_fling - The Bluetooth suggestion did the trick.  This makes me extremely irked that they would push this s/w update and not have a plan to "quickly" come back within a month of another s/w update that fixes any issues with KitKat 4.4.2.  I will call VerizionWireless & Motorola, but I do not think they will give me the time of day other thand saying, "Thanks for letting us know, we will be sure to get that in our next s/w update."  Service with a smile . . . while not really servicing you.wink

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms