03-20-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

Bluetooth Issues on Razr Maxx aftr Jelly Bean upda

2013-03-20, 20:36 PM

After getting the Jelly Bean update on my phone last week, my Motorola bluetooth could no longer properly make calls. I could make the calls by using the Voice Commands icon on my phone, and then the bluetooth could be used to "talk" to the phone and make the call, but pushing the call button on the bluetooth went to a very odd voice, and the phone could not recognize the verbal prompts.  After about an hour on the phone last week, my carrier (Verizon) told me that Google was working on a fix, and to check their site. There is no easy place at Google.com to check for bug fixes.  So, then I called back to Verizon, who, after another 30 minutes, sent me to Motorola Mobility.  After talking to 2 customer service people and 2 supervisors, who all claimed there was NO SUCH BUG, I requested another level of supervisor.  Magically, this 5th person knew about the issue, and gave me the following fix, which I am posting here to save others from this run around:  it turns out that Google Voice is the "same" as Google Search. So, you need to go into the Apps, the Google Play, then hit your menu button (lower left of phone). Go to My Aps, then scroll down to Manual Updates.  Find Google Search and do the update.  Whallah!  My Bluetooth dial by voice now works.    

I hope this helps someone!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete