Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

07-10-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Downloaded Ringtones on RAZR MAXX HD

2014-07-10, 22:14 PM

First, I have the kitkat update on my RAZR MAXX HD phone and haven't experienced any problems so far. (yipee)

Today, I purchased a ringtone from the Google Play store.   The only place I see the ringtone is in the Google app with the orange headphones icon.    I've looked in the download folder, not there, I've looked in every other folder I could find on my phone (music, data, video, etc) and can't find it. This is the first time I've tried to add a ringtone to this phone.  I've always just used the standard ones that came on the phone.     How in the world do I get this ringtone to show up on my phone so I can use it??   Thanks.

Options

3 Posts

07-10-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Downloaded Ringtones on RAZR MAXX HD

2014-07-11, 13:40 PM

ha-----after much hand wringing and hair pulling, I was able to solve my own problem. Maybe I just needed a good nights sleep to digest all of the information I read about this yesterday.

1.  Add my phone to my laptop (don't know why I never did this before!)

2. Sign in to my Google accounts on the laptop

3. Open my Google Play store, then open my Google Music

4. From there, I was allowed to download the ringtone to my laptop

5. Found the ringtone on my laptop and moved it to my Ringtone folder on the phone.

6. It "magically" appeared in my ringtone selection on the phone, YIPEE!

Now, here's my next question:  Why was this such an involved process?  I should have been able to do this on the phone and not have to go back and forth between the phone and computer.

Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Downloaded Ringtones on RAZR MAXX HD

2014-07-11, 20:54 PM

I would check out an APP called Zedge before you purchase ringtones again. They have literally 1000's of ringtones, notification tones and wallpapers - all for free, and they download directly to your phone.

Would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have what you are looking for and would save you not only time, but money.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms