Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

08-21-2014

Bulgaria

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 39

Re: Unable to connect WiFi and Bluetooth at same time

2014-08-21, 12:11 PM

At this point I too will never purchase another Motorola product.  I am not only disappointed in Motorola but in the big box store that I purchase insurance for my phone.  Their "solution" is to continue to give me refurbished phone after refurbished phone.  Each refurbished phone has the same wi fi / blue-tooth issue and often has other problems along with it.  I am on my 4th one.  I have children that I need to keep track of and communicate with and this phone issue has made my life so much harder than it needs to be.  If I were using the phone to conduct business and was loosing money to boot I would be in a litigious state.  At this point I am going to throw my hands up and shell out money that we don't have to purchase a phone that is reliable with better customer service.  Any suggestions?

Options

6 Posts

08-21-2014

Bulgaria

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 39

2014-08-21, 12:15 PM

Just curious, has ANYONE had their problem resolved to their satisfaction?  If so I would love to hear your story.

Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 13 of 39

2014-08-21, 13:10 PM

Momofboys said:

At this point I too will never purchase another Motorola product.  I am not only disappointed in Motorola but in the big box store that I purchase insurance for my phone.  Their "solution" is to continue to give me refurbished phone after refurbished phone.  Each refurbished phone has the same wi fi / blue-tooth issue and often has other problems along with it.  I am on my 4th one.  I have children that I need to keep track of and communicate with and this phone issue has made my life so much harder than it needs to be.  If I were using the phone to conduct business and was loosing money to boot I would be in a litigious state.  At this point I am going to throw my hands up and shell out money that we don't have to purchase a phone that is reliable with better customer service.  Any suggestions?

View original

Momofboys:

Sorry that your device was swapped out. Issues that are set for resolution in a future release are communicated to our carrier partners. I can't speak on behalf of the big box store as to why they swapped it out. If they are connected in with their respective service provider they should have known that the device didn't need to be swapped out and to try the work-around (stated above) until the next update is made available.

We're anxiously waiting to get the fix out to everyone.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

34 Posts

05-05-2013

Seattle

112 Signins

569 Page Views

• Views: 569
  • Message 14 of 39

2014-08-21, 15:05 PM

Mark-

Turning off the low energy device does not fix the problem, you have to turn off Bluetooth on the phone, then WiFi starts working.  That is the only work around, but without Bluetooth, I cannot drive handsfree and navigate with Maps.  It is ether Bluetooth or WiFi, you cannot have both.  The rest of the problems that this update created I hope this new update will fix:

1.  Battery - horrible, reduced down to 1/2 of standby/talk time.  

2.  All applications launch slowly, and timeout frequently, getting the message, Application is not responding, do you want to Wait or Stop the Application.  I now have to manage the memory and constantly stop applications running after using them, to keep the next app from not responding.

3.  Phone will simply lock up.  I will hit the lock/power button after using the phone, then come back to use an app, hit the button, and nothing.  I have to hold hit, or reset the phone to get the phone to work again.  Sometimes it will just go into this wild flashing of opening all the apps that are  open, jumping from one to the next rapidly, and I have to try to shut down the phone to stop it.  I will get the screen that says do you want to cancel or power down the phone, but I have to catch it as it flashes by with all the other apps flashing rapidly.  

4. Accessories - Car Dock and  Motorola Flip Stand - Clearly update did not update the software the controls the accessories.  The most frustrating is the  Motorola Flip Stand, the phone will lock up in the middle of the night, alarm may or may not work, but I cannot get the phone to start, have to go through #3.

Yes, I have done the factory reset to the phone, and no change in the above.  Motorola tech support worthless.  They finally replied to my incident I had posted by email as "Solved", but never got a response, it has been a month, versus the promised 24 hours.

I also talked to Verizon, they were simpathetic, and said an update was coming, but did not know when.  They were quite aware of the issue and just as frustrated it could not be resolved yet.  I am holding on for the release of the new phones this fall, but it is hard, and not productive.  I travel every week, and it is hard on the road when your battery dies before the end of the day, and you get lost with maps because of no WiFi.

I know I have posted this before, but just keeping the pressure up on Motorola.  I don't understand why we cannot get an undo update, just until they get the update fixed.  Between the poor customer support, and no information other than an update is coming, I probably will go to Samsung too.

Options

54 Posts

11-07-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 39

2014-08-21, 17:39 PM

Mark, I was in the same boat. "Fortuitously," I broke my screen, I was still paying for insurance, so I got a replacement. Which to my surprise came with ICS and not KK. I've been refusing the update for the last month or so and will continue to do so until I hear that the patch fixes this stuff. No thanks to Moto for their total lack of communication. 

Perhaps you can convince VZW to send you a replacement device with ICS.

Options

6 Posts

08-21-2014

Bulgaria

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 39

2014-08-22, 20:20 PM

Dearest Motorola Corp.,

It is day 114 of the razr maxx hd blue tooth / wi fi ordeal of 2014 that started at the beginning of May when the software update was "given" to us.

Mark, the forum's go to guy, was speedy with his reply to my first post.  I appreciate Mark responding in such a speedy manner.  Yes Mr. Mark, I have tried each and every work around suggested and my conclusion is that short of Motorola rolling out said "fix" no work around is going to work.   I found it encouraging to read that a "fix" is in the works.

My question now is how much longer will this go on?  One more week? One more Month? Two?  I will be eligible for a new phone (with two year contract) from Verizon on May 15th.  Will the "fix" be ready before then?  That will be a little over a year since the ordeal began.  Please I beg of you give us a time frame.  The word soon is to vague for me.  Should I just go spend money I don't have (covered in my first post) and buy a different phone or should I continue to wait for the elusive "soon" to come to fruition?

I have empathy for Mark, the forum's go to guy.  I think it would be a tight spot to be in, having to tell people about work arounds that don't quite work and knowing that so many people out here are upset on daily basis due to a slow "fix" that is coming ...... SOON.  I'm curious what kind of phone he has and if this had happened to him would he be satisfied with the vague time frame of soon?

Just pondering,

Momofboys

Options

34 Posts

05-05-2013

Seattle

112 Signins

569 Page Views

• Views: 569
  • Message 17 of 39

2014-08-22, 21:05 PM

Thank you  Momofboys for your comment! I totally agree with you.  My contract is up this November, and I don't know if I can last that long with this goofy phone.  I really don't want to spend full price for a new phone, nor get a phone that is a year old.  All the new ones are being announced in the 1rst couple of weeks of September, probably with availability on October.  

Everyday, this phone frustrates me more and more.  This morning I took my phone off the charger, and it starts flashing on the last app I used, like a light show, rapidly flashing purple, red, blue, green, the whole screen, it was wild.  A cool effect, but I don't think the phone is suppose to be doing that  To stop it, I held down the power button, and managed to restart the phone.  This is not the first time, and it has happened on most apps at random times, again all since the 4.4.2 update.

Yesterday, I would get a call, phone would ring, but the screen was blank, so I had no clue who was calling.  I would answer, and after about 15-30 seconds the Screen would finally show who was calling with all the button finally available to mute, speaker, etc.

I want the date of the 4.4.4 update, then I can make the decision to give up and buy a replacement immediately or wait.  I would think someone knows when this is coming.  As I said in a previous post, Verizon said they started 2 weeks ago over the air.  If in fact it available now, I would simply like to download it, and do it manually.

Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 18 of 39

2014-08-22, 21:21 PM

SteveG said:

Thank you  Momofboys for your comment! I totally agree with you.  My contract is up this November, and I don't know if I can last that long with this goofy phone.  I really don't want to spend full price for a new phone, nor get a phone that is a year old.  All the new ones are being announced in the 1rst couple of weeks of September, probably with availability on October.  

Everyday, this phone frustrates me more and more.  This morning I took my phone off the charger, and it starts flashing on the last app I used, like a light show, rapidly flashing purple, red, blue, green, the whole screen, it was wild.  A cool effect, but I don't think the phone is suppose to be doing that  To stop it, I held down the power button, and managed to restart the phone.  This is not the first time, and it has happened on most apps at random times, again all since the 4.4.2 update.

Yesterday, I would get a call, phone would ring, but the screen was blank, so I had no clue who was calling.  I would answer, and after about 15-30 seconds the Screen would finally show who was calling with all the button finally available to mute, speaker, etc.

I want the date of the 4.4.4 update, then I can make the decision to give up and buy a replacement immediately or wait.  I would think someone knows when this is coming.  As I said in a previous post, Verizon said they started 2 weeks ago over the air.  If in fact it available now, I would simply like to download it, and do it manually.

View original

SteveG-

That's odd. Have you tried running your phone in Safe Mode to check to see if it was a 3rd party app causing an issue?

FYI this phone will get another update to 4.4.2 not an update to 4.4.4.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Message 19 of 39

2014-08-22, 21:32 PM

Momofboys said:

Dearest Motorola Corp.,

It is day 114 of the razr maxx hd blue tooth / wi fi ordeal of 2014 that started at the beginning of May when the software update was "given" to us.

Mark, the forum's go to guy, was speedy with his reply to my first post.  I appreciate Mark responding in such a speedy manner.  Yes Mr. Mark, I have tried each and every work around suggested and my conclusion is that short of Motorola rolling out said "fix" no work around is going to work.   I found it encouraging to read that a "fix" is in the works.

My question now is how much longer will this go on?  One more week? One more Month? Two?  I will be eligible for a new phone (with two year contract) from Verizon on May 15th.  Will the "fix" be ready before then?  That will be a little over a year since the ordeal began.  Please I beg of you give us a time frame.  The word soon is to vague for me.  Should I just go spend money I don't have (covered in my first post) and buy a different phone or should I continue to wait for the elusive "soon" to come to fruition?

I have empathy for Mark, the forum's go to guy.  I think it would be a tight spot to be in, having to tell people about work arounds that don't quite work and knowing that so many people out here are upset on daily basis due to a slow "fix" that is coming ...... SOON.  I'm curious what kind of phone he has and if this had happened to him would he be satisfied with the vague time frame of soon?

Just pondering,

Momofboys

View original

Momofboys

Are you using a Fit Bit or other Low Energy device? If you are we recommend you disconnect it from your phone for the time being. The only other option is to set your phone in 2.4GHz mode so it connects to WiFi on 2.4GHZ only. No ideal but it should work for the issue the users encountered.

We'll push it as soon as the software is approved. There were some unexpected security fixes that backed up some of the updates so the delay was unexpected. I know the word is soon is vague. I don't personally like using it but I can't give you an exact date as it isn't something I can control. I'm not going to give you a date that I can't meet. We tend to get PitchFork mobs if we miss a date. Go look back in 2010 so we try not to do that.

Definitely understand your frustration. I don't use a FitBit or other LE device but I have co-workers that do and were experiencing the issue until they disconnected FitBit or forced the phone to 2.4GHz then it worked as expected. I use a variety of phones. No doubt I'm anxious to get you the update as soon as I can however I know at the same time the circumstances to which it hasn't been delivered yet. Please be aware we have the Motorola Feedback Network which is our list of users who test software before it's available to the general public.

Mark

Forums Manager

Dadofboys

Mark
Former Employee
Options

6 Posts

08-21-2014

Bulgaria

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 39

2014-08-22, 21:57 PM

Oh Mark, our Forums Friend (and Dadofboys),

I like your answer to my post.  I did have a FitBit synced with my phone.  That was three phones ago however.  (Thank you big box retailer whose initials are BB and whose logo colors are a blue back ground with a giant yellow price tag.)  I have long since quit even trying to pair my FitBit.  I can live without syncing my FitBit to my phone.  I won't be a satisfied Motorola customer again until everything works the way it did when I purchased it however.  I really was a very satisfied Motorola customer for years and years.  I really liked my phone and all it's fun and useful features.  And I liked the phone before that and the phone before that .... all of them Motorola.

I will be checking out the Motorola Feedback Network.  Please folks no pitch fork mobs need chase after Mark.  He seems like a good fella who, if he had it in his power, would fix our phones right now.  While I do understand not being able to give a specific date I also am a chick who is sad her phone does not work the way it should and thinks that the Motorola Corp. could probably give some sort of time frame as in ... We are so sorry for your troubles, we anticipate having the fix available to everyone by..... the time the presidential election rolls around.

Thanks for you response Mr. Mark, I will be checking back in .... SOON (that's so funny I am making myself laugh).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)