Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

54 Posts

11-07-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 8

Wired Headset Controls Not Functioning

2013-02-28, 2:57 AM

So you know the wired headsets with built-in mics have a way to answer/hang-up, skip music tracks, go back, pause, etc. by clicking the mic button once, twice, etc.? I have tried two different headsets with my MAXX HD, and other than a simple pause function, the clicking function doesn't work on either for music control on the Klipsch S4A or the Audio Technica ANC9. No matter how many times you click, it is interpreted as a single click. Phone pick-up and hang-up works on AT. So I'm wondering if this a RAZR/Moto issue since two different high-end headsets seem to have the same problem.

Answer
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Wired Headset Controls Not Functioning

2013-02-28, 3:59 AM

What application are you using to stream your music?  Also, is it from the cloud or your phone?  I suggest you try putting your phone into safe mode by long pressing the power off button and then doing a long press on power off...when the pop up menu is displayed tap on "ok" to reboot your phone into safe mode and when your phone reboots then try your headset controls to see if they work as expected.  If so, when in safe mode there's a third party application interfering with the phone.    --- Dan

Replies(7)
Answer
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

2013-02-28, 3:59 AM

What application are you using to stream your music?  Also, is it from the cloud or your phone?  I suggest you try putting your phone into safe mode by long pressing the power off button and then doing a long press on power off...when the pop up menu is displayed tap on "ok" to reboot your phone into safe mode and when your phone reboots then try your headset controls to see if they work as expected.  If so, when in safe mode there's a third party application interfering with the phone.    --- Dan

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

54 Posts

11-07-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2013-02-28, 14:46 PM

Dan, THANKS!  Safe Mode worked to allow functionality of the controller.  So now the hard part - which app is conflicting with controller operation?

I use the stock music apps that came pre-installed - Google Play Music and Music.  All music is stored on the SD card. No cloud. No other music or streaming apps. There are no apps that appear to operate with in-line controller clicks, so other than disabling each app one at a time, is there a way to figure this out?

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2013-02-28, 14:53 PM

null

Dan, THANKS!  Safe Mode worked to allow functionality of the controller.  So now the hard part - which app is conflicting with controller operation?

I use the stock music apps that came pre-installed - Google Play Music and Music.  All music is stored on the SD card. No cloud. No other music or streaming apps. There are no apps that appear to operate with in-line controller clicks, so other than disabling each app one at a time, is there a way to figure this out?

View original

You're very welcome.  Unfortunately there is no really simple method, the most reliable that I have found is to search our memory and try our best to recall which application(s) were added just after the anomaly manifested itself.  If that's not possible, you can start by eliminating the most recently installed applications until you find the culprit.   Please let us know of your findings.    --- Dan

Options

54 Posts

11-07-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2013-02-28, 15:03 PM

Well, this is hard to believe.

When I purchased the Klipsch headset yesterday, the manual said that in order to have functionality, I had to download the Klipsch control app in the Play Store. So I did. 

I just uninstalled the Klipsch app. Problems gone. Controller works as intended. WTF?

Side note: Yesterday, I called and emailed Klipsch tech support for help, and gave up after 30 minutes on hold and never got an email back. Maybe Klipsch should stick to just making things other than headsets.

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2013-02-28, 15:10 PM

null

Well, this is hard to believe.

When I purchased the Klipsch headset yesterday, the manual said that in order to have functionality, I had to download the Klipsch control app in the Play Store. So I did. 

I just uninstalled the Klipsch app. Problems gone. Controller works as intended. ***?

Side note: Yesterday, I called and emailed Klipsch tech support for help, and gave up after 30 minutes on hold and never got an email back. Maybe Klipsch should stick to just making things other than headsets.

View original

Well, that third party application was easy enough to find!  I'm happy you narrowed it down so quickly.  Thank you for the feedback on your progress!     --- Dan

Options

1997 Posts

06-03-2015

USA

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 7 of 8

2013-03-01, 1:55 AM

I haven't had any luck with three button headsets. The only headsets I've seen for Android phones are one button. I have the Klipsch S4a, they sound great, but even the single button doesn't work. At least with the M it didn't work, I hardly used it anyway as I could never remember how many presses did the different funcions.

Checked the Klipsch web site for the S4a-II and it is still a single button headset. Which are you using?

Options

54 Posts

11-07-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2013-03-01, 2:08 AM

I have the S4A. Didn't know there was a "II."  Mine is a single button.  Same thing for my Audio Technica headphones.

But after removing the Klipsch app, long press to hang up a call works.  For music, I can click to pause, double click to skip. So I'm keeping them. Sound is great. App is worthless. The app is what caused the clicks not to be recognized.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)