Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 1 of 11 (730 Views)

Has anyone had speaker issue with Droid RAZR HD

Hello everyone, I have the Droid Razr Max HD and it is a wonderful phone. My headset speaker got really crackily and distroted about 1.5 months ago. It finally got really irritating so i did a factory reset. This did not fix the problem. I have contacted Moto, I just dont want my device gone for the required time if I didnt have too. Anyone have any suggestions? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 11 (730 Views)

Re: Has anyone had speaker issue with Droid RAZR HD

Sounds like a hardware problem to me. Sending it in for repair would be my suggestion at this point. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11 (730 Views)

It sounds like the problem is more internal, where the speaker can't be reached by regular means without voiding warranty. The advice that Joel gave to send it in would be the best way to approach this problem. You should still be in warranty, so a repair shouldn't cost a thing.

Punch Card
Message 4 of 11 (730 Views)

Thanks for answering guys. I am on the phone now to send my phone in. I am hoping it doesnt take longer than the 7-10 days. My aunts Droid Razr Max HD took 4.5 weeks to get it back and it still wasnt fixed. I am just nervous about not having my baby for that long. Back to my Droid X now. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 11 (730 Views)

mxracer9111 said:

Thanks for answering guys. I am on the phone now to send my phone in. I am hoping it doesnt take longer than the 7-10 days. My aunts Droid Razr Max HD took 4.5 weeks to get it back and it still wasnt fixed. I am just nervous about not having my baby for that long. Back to my Droid X now. 

View original

If your repair goes longer than 14 days (please take into account that a holiday is coming up too), please let us know.  We can't look into every repair, but for those that are long past the time when the device should have been back with the owner, we do try to find out what happened.

I always keep a "generation" behind what we are using in case something happens to the devices we are using (malfunction, theft, accident, etc).  We keep a "phone graveyard" drawer for those JIC (just in case) moments! Smiley Happy

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 11 (730 Views)

This exact thing happened to me after about 2 months.  I fixed it with a replacement I bought online for like $15.  Lasted another few months and now same thing again.  Then I find this post and called Motorola and they said this is a known problem and they will fix it for free.  The problem with that is who can be without their phone for 2-3 weeks?  I'm not very happy Smiley Sad(

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 11 (730 Views)

You might find a more local repair shop that can do it in a day. Around here, there is a company called "Genius". They repaired the mnu button on my Droid X within 3 hrs of dropping it off, they do screen replacements, etc. Reasonable prices by my experience.

Punch Card
Message 8 of 11 (730 Views)

I could not send my phone in. I didn’t want to separate from it. Now I am just sticking it out there until I can afford to buy a custom Moto X because my phone is now out of warranty. I will miss the Droid sound, SD card, and the battery from this phone; however, the Moto X is Made in the USA and I can get my phone the colors I want.

Punch Card
Message 9 of 11 (730 Views)

JohnnieRAZRHD said:

You might find a more local repair shop that can do it in a day. Around here, there is a company called "Genius". They repaired the mnu button on my Droid X within 3 hrs of dropping it off, they do screen replacements, etc. Reasonable prices by my experience.

View original

Not a bad idea JohnnieRAZRHD. I guess I can look around; I always see the people in the mall fix iphone screens and stuff but never anything for android phones. I guess that is because the repair market for iphones is so much greater. i loved my Droid X. That phone was a beast. 

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 11 (730 Views)

Yep. Droid X good phone. My button fix by Genius was app$45 and just like new! Waiting in the shop for my repair to be completed (dropped it off and got it less than 4 hours later), they were doing screen replacements for $90-130 if I remember correctly. I had no idea there was such a repair place and they were very efficient.Funny thing, my favorite associate at V told me about this place. I guess it pays to look around .....