Options

380 Posts

08-17-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 31 of 35

Re: Droid RAZR M: Why is there a pink spot in photos?

2013-07-03, 14:43 PM

During a period of 3 weeks my "M" was returned to Motorola twice (Motorola repair and shipping had it 90% of this time).  Each time they found nothing wrong and said the phone met the test specs.  This is probably true since their quality test are most likely not set up to test for this particular problem.  And to be honest the pink center problem does not occur with every photo under all lighting conditions.  Just enough to be a nuisance.  My guess is most people never even notice it or never take the kind of photos that produce a pink center.

Options

12 Posts

04-07-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 32 of 35

2013-07-03, 14:54 PM
I
concur. I myself didn't notice for at least a few weeks. At this point I've
decided to live with it as an unfortunate anomaly of this phone's camera
design.
Options

9 Posts

06-13-2014

IN

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 33 of 35

2014-06-13, 20:00 PM

1) if the ambient temp / camera temp is low e.g 22 deg c , the pink problem is not noticeable in my Razr M.

2) The following statement by  zbreeze02   to be holding to my Razr M.

“ if  pictures of close objects is taken  with flash or distant non-flat objects or outside scenes,  the pink tends to get washed out and is not noticeable. “

3) That means, is  the radiation used for auto focusing  is being captured by Phone Camera, due to lack of proper  filtering element? .

4) The following setting of Camera Zoom fx   will also reduce / smoothen / evenout the pink tint  for the flat close objects also.

"CameraZoomFx>adjust levels>metering> set to frame average"

5) Restarting the phone gives some improvement / change tint

Options

380 Posts

08-17-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 34 of 35

2014-06-15, 13:20 PM

The following are thoughts evoked by knreddy’s ideas posted above.  The Razr M is now too old for Motorola to worry about a fix, so you may want to just skip the following unless this ongoing saga intrigues you. 

[1.] This may mean that the sensor and related components are able to respond to change and remove focus radiation history faster at lower temperatures.  i.e Heat causes memory retention and slows down the sensor’s response time.

[2. and 3.] Is this a timing issue? Is the focusing radiation not turned off soon enough?  Is it still on for a fraction of a second when the shutter fires?  Could better red/IR filtering remove it as knreddy suggests?

[4.] Spreads the misery over the entire frame so no spot is tasked with the entire burden?

[5.] Restarting the phone usually results in faster performance for a little while, so if it is a timing issue this may help.  Even if it is a filtering issue then it’s possible that a restart resets the filtering process or at least speeds it up so it can do a better job before the photo is captured/submitted to memory.

Options

9 Posts

06-13-2014

IN

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 35 of 35

2014-07-31, 23:08 PM

The camera app of motox  appears to reduce the pink tint problem link given below

(link removed)

Camera FX appears to suppress the pink problem / colour reproduction  to some extent by selecting  white balance to Fluuoescent or scene mode to  theater

edited by joelbon. I know you are trying to help, but that link was also recommends root. That is against house rules.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms