US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Views: 25605
  • Message 101 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-30, 2:38 AM

epcurr said:

Glad that we are all working again. I know this is a Motorola forum, but will say that the wife's Galaxy S3 still is not 100%. I can make it work fine but as soon as the roadster disconnects the first time the My Motorola an app says it is connected but the screen says it is scanning and IG never finds the roadster. This has happened since the Android update to v 4.3. If I turn.off the Bluetooth and turn it on again it will work until the roadster disconnects. Just wanted everyone to know my experiences but very happy the the RAZR M is working correctly.View original

Have you tried completely unpairing the Roadster from the phone & the phone from the Roadster (reset the Roadster back to factory)?  A few Samsung users have posted similar issues, after a recent Samsung update.  For most a complete unpairing, then rebooting the phone and starting a fresh new Bluetooth connection between the two devices fixes these types of issues.  Hope that might help.

~Scott
Options

1 Posts

01-30-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 102 of 123

2014-01-30, 6:43 AM

Hi, I'm new on here. I've been having the same issue with my RAZR M paired with my H19TXT bluetooth headset. I was able to get a Level 2 Tech Support rep on the phone from Motorola a couple of weeks ago. They opened a case for me, and they said that they are aware of the issue with the My MotoSpeak app, and that their tech team is working on a fix, but they don't have any idea when they will find the fix. But then I recently got an e-mail from them telling me that there is a fix ready that I can download. They told me to reset the Bluetooth device to factory settings from within the app, then delete the app and reinstall it and then, and I quote, "let it install the update". There was no update! It just installed the app again. And I tried this several times. Very frustrating! Then they said to go to the bluetooth menu and set phone to discover the bluetooth headset. Then once it discovers it, press the call button on the bluetooth headset. Now I think I followed the directions pretty well, and I tried several times, even tried some things in different order, such as resetting the bluetooth headset AFTER I reinstalled the app, but no luck with any of this! It's still coming up with that same "Try again?" error! I was busy out-of-town last week, so I will have to try calling them again soon. I'll keep everyone posted. "Update"??!! What "update"?!?!?!

Options

31 Posts

12-29-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 103 of 123

2014-01-30, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestion on tedeyyinh SNF repairing. I have tried that and no joy. Since the phone involved is not Motorola guess will gibe up. Must wanted to let people know there might still be some problems. Glad my RAZR is working and happy that more are having good results.
Options

6 Posts

01-13-2011

United States

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 104 of 123

2014-11-18, 20:26 PM
I am having the same problem with the Droid Razr hoping they come out with a fix soon. my MotoSpeak used to work fine even with texting now it is pretty much useless except for phone calls.
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Message 105 of 123

2014-11-18, 20:54 PM

griz said:

I am having the same problem with the Droid Razr hoping they come out with a fix soon. my MotoSpeak used to work fine even with texting now it is pretty much useless except for phone calls.View original

It's definitely a bummer when it does not work correctly.  The best advice (in my opinion) is to call Motorola Tech Support and open a help / trouble ticket (or whatever they call them).  The app is listed as a "Sunset App" so Moto's support might be limited as to how much longer they will support the app.  However, there are several discussions on the My Moto Speak page about this issue and it sounds just like what happened last year around the same time.  The problem last year was not with the app itself, but with the server that the app uses to convert speech to text.  I am guessing that the same server has the same issue that it did last year (right around the same time).  Once they "flipped the switch" last year, the Reply To Text portion of My Moto Speak started working again and we did not have to download an App Update.

~Scott
Options

6 Posts

01-13-2011

United States

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 106 of 123

2014-11-18, 21:09 PM
Thanks San, will do...
Options

5 Posts

08-19-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 107 of 123

2014-11-21, 1:38 AM

Having the same problem but Motorola wants to keep replacing my RoadStar 2 which isn't the cause. I used my Moto BT headset with MotoSpeak and get the same results; I can't dictate a text message!

Options

7 Posts

01-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 108 of 123

2014-11-21, 1:53 AM

I got so angry at the tech guy at Motorola yesterday I nearly lost it! I explained over and over it was an ANDROID update issue not a Motorola or a Samsung issue ( I have the S5 now but the old S2 had same issue back last year ) He kept telling me to talk to Samsung as it was their issue. That the app was no longer supported. That's when I lost it as they are still selling this roadster and NOWHERE  on the item does it say won't work with nexus LG nokia samsung blah blah except Motorola and it's not working on Motorola's either. !!! He just kept repeating himself like a donkey. I finally hung up. There was still an open ticket number when I called in as some auto system thing recognized my home number and said you have an open issue and passed me to this idiot.

Up shot is I am supposed to call Samsung and find an app from them that will connect to the Roadster. DUH If they know it's not working and they have thousands in use on the roads and WE know it's the only app that will text as well as call WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't they fix it?????

As you can tell I am pretty frustrated at this point. Going to call poor Samsung when I calm down and see what they can come up with. It's too annoying to think about and darn near laughable.

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Message 109 of 123

2014-11-21, 1:59 AM
FYI: It was not an Android update or app update that broken this. The same problem happened last year in December...timing coincidental? Itnwas an issue with the Moto server that handles the speech to text function.
~Scott
Options

7 Posts

01-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 110 of 123

2014-11-21, 2:20 AM

I had same issue last year too both mine ocured after push android updates. And yes it's server issues. Hoping it just gets fixed again. Yes interesting timing eh? One way to loose sales over the spending season. You'd think they'd be right on it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete