Options

9 Posts

12-27-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 21 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-02, 0:14 AM

I have been in contact with Motorola several times, lastly with tier 2 support. We looked at security issues and uninstalled google updates. Still no luck. I have force stopped about all that I can and continued to try to text. I actually lost cell signal during my experimentation and guess what...... the program immediately went to a network error instead of trying to convert the text to voice. This has convinced me to agree with another forum member....... that the conversion takes place on a motprola server. I bet the NSA snooping is causing this! I will contact Moto again and relay this info.

Options

1 Posts

01-02-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 22 of 123

2014-01-02, 21:23 PM

I just recently experienced the same text to speech problem with my Roaster 2 using my Samsung Stratosphere. I purchased the Roadster 8/13, installed the Motospeak app and had no problems with any aspect of the call/text features. I have tried every technical avenue available, even resetting the Roadster 2 to factory reset , reinstalling the app, as well as pairing the devices several times. I subsequently called Motorola support and spoke to technical level 2, at which time they deferred to an update on android systems causing the problem. I advised that this was becoming a widespread problem as noted in the comments in this forum. Additionally Motorola support has been barraged with phone calls regarding this issue. As of now Motorola engineering has not addressed the problem and in an effort to try to make me feel better about the situation the representative told me her app failed as well. Call support to press for action by engineering to update their programs to fix the bug! I bought the device specifically for the texting feature, which is of no use to me now!

Options

9 Posts

12-27-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 23 of 123

2014-01-02, 22:12 PM

I just contacted Motorola tier 2 support and shared my suspicions and experience about the actual message being composed on a Motorola server and not the device. Motorola finally acknowledged the problem and stated that the developers are working on it. It probably would not hurt to call and voice your safety concerns. Hopefully the squeaky wheel will get the grease> Good luck friends.

Options

16 Posts

01-02-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 24 of 123

2014-01-02, 22:16 PM

Just got off the phone with Motorola support and was told that since I do not own a Motorola phone I am out of luck the Motospeak app will only work with Motorola phones, even though that up until Dec 20 2013 it worked perfect. Maybe someone with a Motorola phone shouls tell them that the app will not work with their phone because they said that the app works 100% with all motorola phones.

Options

9 Posts

12-27-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 25 of 123

2014-01-02, 22:25 PM

PhilBilly said:

Just got off the phone with Motorola support and was told that since I do not own a Motorola phone I am out of luck the Motospeak app will only work with Motorola phones, even though that up until Dec 20 2013 it worked perfect. Maybe someone with a Motorola phone shouls tell them that the app will not work with their phone because they said that the app works 100% with all motorola phones.

View original

I think you will be fine once Motorola finds a fix provided that all of the other Bluetooth features work with My Motospeak. The problem is with text composition. That task is handled by a networked server. My Motospeak will simple point to that server..... it should not care what phone you have.

Options

16 Posts

01-02-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 26 of 123

2014-01-02, 22:30 PM

Yes that is what I told them but they said that was the issue

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Views: 25605
  • Message 27 of 123

2014-01-03, 1:43 AM

constdyn said:

I just contacted Motorola tier 2 support and shared my suspicions and experience about the actual message being composed on a Motorola server and not the device. Motorola finally acknowledged the problem and stated that the developers are working on it. It probably would not hurt to call and voice your safety concerns. Hopefully the squeaky wheel will get the grease> Good luck friends.

View original

Thanks for the update.  My theory about the speech-to-text being performed on a Moto server and not on the phone might be true.  It's hard to say for sure.  I still have not been able to get through to an actual person & have been too busy to wait the 2- 40 minutes I keep hearing when I try.  But I will try again tomorrow.  Like you said, if enough of us voice our concern, the issue should be fixed sooner rather than later.

~Scott
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Views: 25605
  • Message 28 of 123

2014-01-03, 1:50 AM

PhilBilly said:

View original

I tend to agree with @constdyn.  I think that once Moto fixes the issue, you will be able to use My Motospeak again, regardless of what phone you have.  The app is available for all phones, but only works with certain Bluetooth devices.  As long as you have the compatible Bluetooth device, the app should work...once it's fixed.

~Scott
Options

21 Posts

12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 29 of 123

2014-01-03, 15:25 PM

Well, I give up! I'm going with Dragon Mobile Assistant by Nuance. I drive too much and can not wait any longer for a fix. Though I've only been using it for a few days, I really like Dragon a lot more. There's more features and even offers editing capabilities for my converted message prior to sending. I no longer have to clear my message and start over. Dragon also offers a lot more control over everything on your phone, it is not just texting. I really won't use it for more than texting and calling but for others that like living more of a social life and find that posting to Facebook or Twitter is part of your routine, you should really check Dragon out. 

The Dragon software still works with my Motorola Roadster since all I need is a bluetooth speaker for hands free operation. My primary usage is going to be with my Silverado built in bluetooth.

Hope this helps all that are in need of getting mobile again! Oh, did I mention that it is absolutely FREE!

John

Options

9 Posts

12-27-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 30 of 123

2014-01-03, 18:48 PM

Also noticed that voice navigation searches no longer work also. This was a problem a year ago and uninstaaling updates was the solution. This no longer works. I suspect that this feature is also resident on a remote server.

I tried (JTR) Johns' solution: Dragon Mobile software by Nuance. Seems like I have to tap the screen a little more often because it always gives me a choice of who to call, who to  text, or what Walmart store I want to navigate to. Other than that, the voice recognition is much more accurate than the "now flawed" My Motospeak app.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete