Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR M by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

01-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 15
  • Registered: ‎01-07-2014
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 31 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-07, 16:55 PM


I am having the exact same problem with  a MB 525 Defy. Got nowhere with a one hour chat yesterday. using a Roadster 2.



Adding information. I got a Roadster 2 about a year ago and installed Motospeak because my GPS with Bluetooth did not have enough volume for use. It worked with no problems. Texting worked also. I haven't used Texting on ot for a few months and when I went to use it a few weeks ago it failed. I am stating this because I do not believe the speech to text is not on their server as my phone service is prepaid without a data plan. Unless they have switched the conversion from the phone to the server recently. Voice texting works fine using the apps on the phone.

Reply
Options

72 Posts

11-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 72
  • Registered: ‎11-24-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 32 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-07, 20:36 PM


Update:



I contacted Motorola today for an update on my case #131224-007310 which was opened on 12/23/2013.



The level 2 technician, Jay, said that there was no ETA on a fix for this problem and they have escalated over 200 calls about this issue.  It is in the hands of the developers.  I explained that this has broken the product and that others on this board are having the same problem.



Looks like we all wait until a fix is released.  Jay said we would know because there would be an "update available" notification on our devices.



I will call back again in a couple of weeks to check again.  This is yet another example were I believe Motorola has a completely busted "Quality Control" process for software or hardware updates.  Unbelievable that no one tested the voice to text functionality.



I will post when I know more.

Reply
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

  • Posts: 3764
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 25605
  • Message 33 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-07, 22:25 PM


j.carpenter said:


Update:



I contacted Motorola today for an update on my case #131224-007310 which was opened on 12/23/2013.



The level 2 technician, Jay, said that there was no ETA on a fix for this problem and they have escalated over 200 calls about this issue.  It is in the hands of the developers.  I explained that this has broken the product and that others on this board are having the same problem.



Looks like we all wait until a fix is released.  Jay said we would know because there would be an "update available" notification on our devices.



I will call back again in a couple of weeks to check again.  This is yet another example were I believe Motorola has a completely busted "Quality Control" process for software or hardware updates.  Unbelievable that no one tested the voice to text functionality.



I will post when I know more.


View original


Thanks for the update.  I have not been able to get in touch with anyone...there is always a long wait when I try.  I hope they can figure this out soon.

~Scott
Reply
Options

7 Posts

01-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎01-07-2014
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 34 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-08, 0:03 AM


Just spent 45 mins on hold about this exact issue. Guy on live chat was useless as t&^ts on a bull. Did not know of any issues and tried to tell me he was a level 2 tech. Finally after the 45 got thru on the phone and that guy is WELL aware of this issue. Tried to tell me it was because I had a Samsung phone. NOT The app will not work either with the roadster or when I use it as a handsfree with the phone. The APP is the issue. I think the person who suggested it's a network server error not connecting at Motorola. THINK GOOGLE..........giant now totally in BED with the NSA who is probably trying to connect to the Moto servers to grab our texting on there directly for their lovely ECHELON. system.



 



Either way we all appear, Moto fans or Galaxy fans to be stuck with this situation till the engineers figure it out. I hear there are many notes at Google Play so do make sure you go over there and put a note in on the Motospeak app site and maybe shame alone will put some fire under them. All in all it's a pretty shoddy thing to do to hundreds of customers who are all trying to be LEGAL and use handsfree.



 



On another note why is Samsung who makes such awesome products not making their version of a handsfree ? They could sell one with just about every second phone with the new laws coming all around the planet. IF they did one it would probably have a cam in it as well to record the highway and all the idiots who cut us off while driving LOL Bring it on.



I have subscribed so once a fix is announced I have no doubt whether you have a Moto or a Samsung the planet will hear a loud cheer go up. phone on or not.



 



 

Reply
Options

1 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎01-08-2014
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 35 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-08, 5:04 AM


Suddenly have had SAME issue with 3.0.57 Motospeak. When I bought it weeks ago, it worked, now it doesn't like my 'reply' when trying to answer a text.  It just keeps asking me to reply and try again! So annoying. Haven't called on this yet, but wondered if there will be a fix. Something messed it up!



 



 

Reply
Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 83
  • Registered: ‎01-08-2014
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 36 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-09, 1:06 AM


Synergywizard said:


Just spent 45 mins on hold about this exact issue. Guy on live chat was useless as t&^ts on a bull. Did not know of any issues and tried to tell me he was a level 2 tech. Finally after the 45 got thru on the phone and that guy is WELL aware of this issue. Tried to tell me it was because I had a Samsung phone. NOT The app will not work either with the roadster or when I use it as a handsfree with the phone. The APP is the issue. I think the person who suggested it's a network server error not connecting at Motorola. THINK GOOGLE..........giant now totally in BED with the NSA who is probably trying to connect to the Moto servers to grab our texting on there directly for their lovely ECHELON. system.



 



Either way we all appear, Moto fans or Galaxy fans to be stuck with this situation till the engineers figure it out. I hear there are many notes at Google Play so do make sure you go over there and put a note in on the Motospeak app site and maybe shame alone will put some fire under them. All in all it's a pretty shoddy thing to do to hundreds of customers who are all trying to be LEGAL and use handsfree.



 



On another note why is Samsung who makes such awesome products not making their version of a handsfree ? They could sell one with just about every second phone with the new laws coming all around the planet. IF they did one it would probably have a cam in it as well to record the highway and all the idiots who cut us off while driving LOL Bring it on.



I have subscribed so once a fix is announced I have no doubt whether you have a Moto or a Samsung the planet will hear a loud cheer go up. phone on or not.



 



 


View original




For what it's worth... I'm having the same/similar issue with a Samsung Galaxy S3/HX550 Motorola earpiece.  I opened my case (#131213-002545) early December.  The "update" I got, that messed everything up, occurred on 12/6!  Since Motorola hasn't updated the My Motospeak app since April, I'm fairly certain that it is a compatibility issue with Android/Samsung/Sprint/Etc.  But it is STILL an issue that Motorola needs to address... BECAUSE their earpiece/app are designed to work with (most) all phones.



At the time (early December), even Tier 2 was unaware (they SAID) of the issue.  Now that it is more widespread/known, 1) I hope they come up with a fix SOON, and 2) I wish *I* had subscribed to a notification about a forthcoming fix/update.  NOW I'll have to rely on this forum and you guys!



THANKS IN ADVANCE!  :-)



Oh, by the way... MY issue/post is here:  https://forums.motorola.com/posts/ac03be2747



Bob

Reply
Options

16 Posts

01-02-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 16
  • Registered: ‎01-02-2014
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 37 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-09, 1:16 AM
Well motorola sent me an email survey asking about my session LOL I was
offered no help or solution but told it is only designed to work with
motorola phones. Like I was gonna give them a good review for them telling
me sorry you do not have a motorola phone and your roadsters are out of
warrenty thank you have a nice day.
Reply
Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 83
  • Registered: ‎01-08-2014
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 38 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-09, 1:24 AM


PhilBilly said:


Well motorola sent me an email survey asking about my session LOL I was
offered no help or solution but told it is only designed to work with
motorola phones. Like I was gonna give them a good review for them telling
me sorry you do not have a motorola phone and your roadsters are out of
warrenty thank you have a nice day.

View original


Ha, yeah, their stories are NEVER quite in sync with reality.  UNLESS THEY'VE recently changed, the My Motospeak app was designed to work with particular Motorola EARPIECES/BLUETOOTH DEVICES, not particularly associated with their phones.  And even if THAT was the case, it's not working with MOTOROLA phones either... as documented on this thread!


Bob


 

Reply
Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 83
  • Registered: ‎01-08-2014
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 39 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-09, 1:30 AM


JTR said:


Well, I give up! I'm going with Dragon Mobile Assistant by Nuance. I drive too much and can not wait any longer for a fix. Though I've only been using it for a few days, I really like Dragon a lot more. There's more features and even offers editing capabilities for my converted message prior to sending. I no longer have to clear my message and start over. Dragon also offers a lot more control over everything on your phone, it is not just texting. I really won't use it for more than texting and calling but for others that like living more of a social life and find that posting to Facebook or Twitter is part of your routine, you should really check Dragon out. 



The Dragon software still works with my Motorola Roadster since all I need is a bluetooth speaker for hands free operation. My primary usage is going to be with my Silverado built in bluetooth.



Hope this helps all that are in need of getting mobile again! Oh, did I mention that it is absolutely FREE!



John




View original




Does anybody know if the Dragon Mobile Assistant software/app in compatible with BLUETOOTH devices?  I reviewed their site and DON'T SEE a reference to BT devices.  In fact, the reviews on their app in Google Play Store talk about problems using that app WITH BT devices...



Since my My Motospeak is (still) broken, thought I might try it...



Bob

Reply
Options

16 Posts

01-02-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 16
  • Registered: ‎01-02-2014
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 40 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-09, 6:10 AM


Bob, Yes Dragon Mobile Assistant does support bluetooth devices. I tried dragon and it was ok but still had some issues I have tried several other apps and have not found one I like yet. Currently I am installing Hi!Way  I am waiting to hear back on a registration issue I am having but the app looks very promising.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete