12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 51 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-09, 21:58 PM

Already I learned something about the HiWay app...

From the FAQs on the website:

How much does Hi!Way cost?

Hi!Way is available as a FREE trial. 

We are keeping the pricing under wraps for now, however we will eventually charge for the commercial version – so enjoy using Hi!Way for free while it lasts!

WTH!!??!!? We'll let you get hooked and then we'll set the line! What I rip! I can see this app is not going to have a long life on my phone....

Also having a problem registering the app to use. Network error...   uh, oh...

John

Options

7 Posts

01-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 52 of 123

2014-01-09, 22:10 PM

sajokaz said:

Here is the one thing I am still a little confused about.  Does anyone remember actually receiving an update for the My Motospeak app before this issue started?  Some folks have reported that they received different phone updates, but what about app updates.  The Motorola website and the Play Store both claim that version 3.0.57 is the latest and has not been updated since April 3, 2013.  I have had version 3.0.57 since around that time (I updated as soon as it was available) and it worked great until December 22nd (for me).  If there were no updates to the app since April, why did it stop working all of the sudden?  I wish we had an answer to that question.

View original

My question as well. So yes if it is the app and the app did not update then it has to be something network related in the phone itself. Mine started on Dec 22nd as well. I saw someone else use that date..... bets on it is another Galaxy user or Jelly Bean. I tried to search the phone to see update dates.......... can't be done. too bad.

Yes I too hope the Powers that be are working like mad to fix this issue.

crying

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Views: 25605
  • Message 53 of 123

2014-01-09, 22:16 PM

Synergywizard said:

sajokaz said:

Here is the one thing I am still a little confused about.  Does anyone remember actually receiving an update for the My Motospeak app before this issue started?  Some folks have reported that they received different phone updates, but what about app updates.  The Motorola website and the Play Store both claim that version 3.0.57 is the latest and has not been updated since April 3, 2013.  I have had version 3.0.57 since around that time (I updated as soon as it was available) and it worked great until December 22nd (for me).  If there were no updates to the app since April, why did it stop working all of the sudden?  I wish we had an answer to that question.

View original

My question as well. So yes if it is the app and the app did not update then it has to be something network related in the phone itself. Mine started on Dec 22nd as well. I saw someone else use that date..... bets on it is another Galaxy user or Jelly Bean. I tried to search the phone to see update dates.......... can't be done. too bad.

Yes I too hope the Powers that be are working like mad to fix this issue.

crying

View original

I am leaning toward a network related issue also, one that directly affects the speech to text ability of the app.  The issue is affecting several different phone models, Motorola, Samsung & I Phones.  And those are only the people that have posted here & the Play Store. Who knows how many other users (with different phone models) are affected and just not posting about it?

~Scott
Options

21 Posts

12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 54 of 123

2014-01-09, 22:17 PM

sajokaz said:

View original

I noticed the issue around the Dec 22 timeframe as well. I can't believe the problem is phone related as it started on two devices on my cell plan, a Droid X (Android 2.3.4) and Droid 4 (Android 4.1). I recently upgraded my Droid X with a Droid Maxx (Android 4.2.2) which still does not work.

Also, along with everyone else, I did not see any update to the app or the phones, especially one for the Droid X phone. 

John

Options

1 Posts

01-09-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 55 of 123

2014-01-09, 22:59 PM

I also have the same issues.  It is a shame because besides my Philadelphia accent getting in the way of speech recondition this work very well with my Atrix HD.  Now it does not allow for responding to a text message.  My thought is the reason that you need a good internet connection with your phone for this to work properly is because the app went to a Motorola server and converted spoken to text.  I think Motorola no longer wants to support this server but does not want to inform their customers of this change.  The basis for this statement is look at the Roadster Pro which is the latest version of the Roadster speaker phone.  Does not even mention or suggest using the Motospeak app.  Lets face it there are a whole lot of cheaper choices for a simple speaker phone on the market.  The only reason I bought not only the Roadster and the Roadster 2 for my two family vehicles was the ability to answer text messages with out look, touching and no more effort than having a conversation with a passenger in the car.  Take that away and a $35.00 speaker phone would have worked just as well. 

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 56 of 123

2014-01-09, 23:55 PM

Has anyone looked at the menus at the top?  Under "Moto Apps" there are two choices: Motorola Applications and "Sunset" Moto Apps.  The only app under Motorola Applications is Connect.  Under "Sunset" Moto Apps are Motocast (discontinued, last updated in 2012), My MotoSpeak, Smart Actions (discontinued but updated in September), and ZumoCast (I don't know the status, but last updated in September).

I think the designation of "Sunset" is pretty clear.  It doesn't explain why the app just stopped working, though.

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Message 57 of 123

2014-01-10, 1:59 AM

crystallet said:

Has anyone looked at the menus at the top?  Under "Moto Apps" there are two choices: Motorola Applications and "Sunset" Moto Apps.  The only app under Motorola Applications is Connect.  Under "Sunset" Moto Apps are Motocast (discontinued, last updated in 2012), My MotoSpeak, Smart Actions (discontinued but updated in September), and ZumoCast (I don't know the status, but last updated in September).

I think the designation of "Sunset" is pretty clear.  It doesn't explain why the app just stopped working, though.

View original

I didn't notice that.  Makes you think that the end might be near for the app?  I hope not, it's an awesome app.  But if Moto is going to discontinue it...we just have to live with that.  It happens all the time, nothing lasts forever.  I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a notification though...IF that is the case; especially considering how many BT devices have been sold advertising the My Motospeak functionality and the 500,000+ users that have installed the app (according to the Play Store).  I have had apps that I used for a long time discontinue before & the app developers sent out notifications several times in the weeks leading up to the end date.  I still stick to my theory that the issue is in the server (s)  that handle the speech-to-text functionality.  Let's hope we hear something soon...one way or the other.

~Scott
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

• Message 58 of 123

2014-01-10, 2:05 AM

iunlocku said:

I also have the same issues.  It is a shame because besides my Philadelphia accent getting in the way of speech recondition this work very well with my Atrix HD.  

View original

I grew up in PA & know what you mean.  All the years in the Military stripped my accent, but I could still understand you.  smiley

~Scott
Options

21 Posts

12-27-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 59 of 123

2014-01-10, 2:15 AM

To avoid hijacking this thread into unrelated products, I started this discussion around finding an appropriate handsfree solution.

Finding a good mobile handsfree operation solution

After reading the response about Motospeak on the "Sunset", this might be right on time....

John

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

US

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 60 of 123

2014-01-10, 7:25 AM

JTR said:

Already I learned something about the HiWay app...

From the FAQs on the website:

How much does Hi!Way cost?

Hi!Way is available as a FREE trial. 

We are keeping the pricing under wraps for now, however we will eventually charge for the commercial version – so enjoy using Hi!Way for free while it lasts!

WTH!!??!!? We'll let you get hooked and then we'll set the line! What I rip! I can see this app is not going to have a long life on my phone....

Also having a problem registering the app to use. Network error...   uh, oh...

John

View original

So if you enjoy an app, you aren't interested in ever supporting the developer for their hard work? I buy apps all the time just to support the devs that have given me an app that I use on a regular basis. I think it is only fair.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete