Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR M by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

03-28-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 16
  • Registered: ‎03-28-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 81 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-16, 14:52 PM
An AT&T rep encouraged me to check for updates for my Galaxy S4....there
was one. After updating, originating texts now works for voice recognition
in S Voice (native app) only....still not Motospeak. Voice recognition in
REPLYING still fails in S Voice and Motospeak....slight progress!
Reply
Options

31 Posts

12-29-2013

..

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 31
  • Registered: ‎12-29-2013
  • Location: ..
  • Views: 0
  • Message 82 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-22, 16:36 PM


I know that this is probably not the place to ask, but since there is so much interest in the My Motospeak application here, I am going to ask, has anyone found an acceptcal replacement for the app? I have two Roadster twos, one of which worked flawlessy for about two weeks before all the problems started, and am still using as I can get by. It is used with a RAZR M running Android V 4.1.2. The second one is on a S3 which worked with the limitations that we know about until it updated to Android V $.3. Now, it will receive and  answer calls, but nothing can be initiated cfrom the Roadster, it just keeps telling me that no device has been found, even though everything says it is conneccted. I am afraid that this will be the case if and when my Razr updates. Since the combined forces of Motorola and Google don't seem to be able to fix thisor don't want to, I need to find a substitute. I have tried Svoice, too cumbersome and voice recognition is not good, and Sonalife Talk to text, doesnt seem to work well with bluetooth options. I dont need a full fledged assistant just something to run the Roadster 2, any ideas?



 

Reply
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

  • Posts: 3764
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 25605
  • Message 83 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-22, 17:00 PM


epcurr said:


I know that this is probably not the place to ask, but since there is so much interest in the My Motospeak application here, I am going to ask, has anyone found an acceptcal replacement for the app? I have two Roadster twos, one of which worked flawlessy for about two weeks before all the problems started, and am still using as I can get by. It is used with a RAZR M running Android V 4.1.2. The second one is on a S3 which worked with the limitations that we know about until it updated to Android V $.3. Now, it will receive and  answer calls, but nothing can be initiated cfrom the Roadster, it just keeps telling me that no device has been found, even though everything says it is conneccted. I am afraid that this will be the case if and when my Razr updates. Since the combined forces of Motorola and Google don't seem to be able to fix thisor don't want to, I need to find a substitute. I have tried Svoice, too cumbersome and voice recognition is not good, and Sonalife Talk to text, doesnt seem to work well with bluetooth options. I dont need a full fledged assistant just something to run the Roadster 2, any ideas?


View original


For the first question, there is a thread here started by users who are discussing possible solutions.  There is a lot of good user info about different apps in there.



 



For the second question / issue:  a few other people reported similar issues with Roadsters & BT Headsets no longer recognizing the phone recently.  For most folks, the solution is to completely unpair the device from the phone (in the phone BT menu) & phone from the device (reset the Roadster back to original).  Then reboot the phone and completely re-pair the BT connection from scratch.  That should get your Roadster working with your phone again...all except the speech to text function...that's still an ongoing issue.

~Scott
Reply
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

  • Posts: 3764
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 25605
  • Message 84 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-23, 18:08 PM


I received a follow up phone call from Motorola Tech Support this morning.  He said that the engineer team released a statement (paraphrased): "They are aware that many customers are experiencing the speech to text issue.  They are investigating compatibility issues with the MMS app and the various Android OS updates that were published recently.  They hope to have a resolution to the issue soon."  The gentleman I spoke to was very professional & helpful and did not know why it was listed as a "Sunset" app, but said he would look into that & try to let me know more.  He thinks that Moto is still supporting the app.  They are still selling BT devices that list MMS as a "selling point."  There might be good news soon.

~Scott
Reply
Options

31 Posts

12-29-2013

..

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 31
  • Registered: ‎12-29-2013
  • Location: ..
  • Views: 0
  • Message 85 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-24, 1:48 AM
Tried the reboot to fix the connection problems with the Galaxy S3 and it didn't help. Been reading about a lot of problems with the version 4.3 update. Let's hope they fix it before we get it or jump to android v 4.4.
Reply
Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 83
  • Registered: ‎01-08-2014
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 86 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-24, 5:15 AM


sajokaz said:


I received a follow up phone call from Motorola Tech Support this morning.  He said that the engineer team released a statement (paraphrased): "They are aware that many customers are experiencing the speech to text issue.  They are investigating compatibility issues with the MMS app and the various Android OS updates that were published recently.  They hope to have a resolution to the issue soon."  The gentleman I spoke to was very professional & helpful and did not know why it was listed as a "Sunset" app, but said he would look into that & try to let me know more.  He thinks that Moto is still supporting the app.  They are still selling BT devices that list MMS as a "selling point."  There might be good news soon.


View original




I TOO hope that they ARE investigating the issues.  But, because of the "Sunset" classification, I am not going to hold my breath either...  Unfortunately, we've come to learn that the Tech Support team's stories vary greatly from the tech that you get.  Ultimately, only time will tell.



As for Motorola still selling devices that list MMS as a "selling point"... those boxes/web-sites were manufactured and printed long before the Android update (December 2013) that has caused the issue.  I find it notable that Motorola's NEW BT devises (Whisper, Boom, etc.) DO NOT mention MMS as a selling point!



Between that and the "Sunset" designation. I fear the worst (but HOPE that I'm wrong)!



Bob

Reply
Options

4 Posts

01-28-2014

Spain

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 4
  • Registered: ‎01-28-2014
  • Location: Spain
  • Views: 0
  • Message 87 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-28, 22:40 PM


I have the same problem you all have with the "My MotoSpeak" app. I was able to talk to Nancy, a level 3 support tech. at motorola and she indicated that I am not the only person with this problem and that the engeneers where working on the issue. She did said to unpair my roadster 2, restore it to factory settings, delete the app from my phone and re-install everything. As I expected it did not work. I will be calling Nancy again tomorrow and let her know about the issue. Just like most of you the reason why I got the motorola roadster 2 was because of the voice command option with the say text option and the FM transmitter.



I really hope this gets fixed, otherwise to me this is useless.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Reply
Options

31 Posts

12-29-2013

..

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 31
  • Registered: ‎12-29-2013
  • Location: ..
  • Views: 0
  • Message 88 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-29, 15:11 PM


I don't know how, why or for how long, but this morning I tried to send a text with my Razr M and Roadster 2 and MY Motospeak and it worked perfectly.  I have seen no changes to the phone, or software, still runing everything like before, including Android V 4.1.2.



 



Maybe we are making some progress.



 



 

Reply
Options

3 Posts

12-26-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎12-26-2013
  • Location:
  • Views: 0
  • Message 89 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-29, 15:26 PM


epcurr said:


I don't know how, why or for how long, but this morning I tried to send a text with my Razr M and Roadster 2 and MY Motospeak and it worked perfectly.  I have seen no changes to the phone, or software, still runing everything like before, including Android V 4.1.2.



 



Maybe we are making some progress.



 



 


View original


Me too! Just tried it and it worked perfectly.  I did have an android update install maybe about a week ago and I can't remember if I tried it since then or not.  I did not uninstall the app or anything, it just seems to be working again!!!! I only tried it because of your comment... so thanks!

Reply
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2718 Signins

25605 Page Views

  • Posts: 3764
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2013
  • Location: US
  • Views: 25605
  • Message 90 of 123

Re: My Motospeak v3.0.57 voice recognition fail

2014-01-29, 15:35 PM


Thanks for the update epcurr!  I just sent my wife a text using MMS and my HX550 headset.  Worked like it always has!  Since there was no app update in the Play Store, I am still standing by my theory that the problem existed on a Moto / Google server somewhere.  At least it seems to be working again!  Good job Moto engineers!

~Scott
Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete