Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

04-13-2012

Israel

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 17

After remove Exchange account my gmail account became the Exchange one.

2012-04-13, 13:46 PM

Hello, 

I have a very strange problem with my accounts. 

My Razr has three active accounts: Google, Yahoo and Exchange. 

Once removed Exchange account I've found that the emails from my Exchange account are delivered as Gmail accounts. 

Mostly when I open Messaging application and and select Gmail I see all my Exchange emails. 

But this is not always. Sometimes something changed and I start to receive an actual Gmail emails. Also inside the Messaging->Gmail the messages are gmail. 

I tried to add Exchange account again, but failed due to the message Failed to connect...

Again, the emails from Exchange account continue to deliver to my phone, just as gmail messages. 

It seems that after removing Echange account it's account information was not really removed and gmail account got the Exchage definitions. 

Should I open accounts.db file and check it's content? How would you access this problem? 

Thank you for advice,

Nikita

Options

164 Posts

07-23-2010

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 17

Re: After remove Exchange account my gmail account became the Exchange one.

2012-04-24, 12:40 PM

Can you do the following: go to Home screen, then hit Menu>Settings.  Scroll to Accounts and select it.  Can you list what appears on this screen exactly as it appears? 

Options

5 Posts

04-13-2012

Israel

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 17

2012-04-24, 14:05 PM

Hi fxholl, 

Thank you for your response. 

The full list of accounts is bellow. The relevant is bolded and colored:

<email>facebook,<email>Google,<email>last.fm,<email>linkedin,<email>MotoCast ID,<email>Picasa,<email>Skype,<email>Twitter,<email>Vkontakte,<phone>WhatsApp,<email>Yahoo!Mail

when <email> is my actual email, <phone> my phone number.

Before I delete my office exchange account, there was an additional one shown. And now, it is missed.

The behaviour of my email is following. 

When I receive the new email of my office, I see the notification: Gmail <N> messages with the icon of Exchange. Also when I opens messaging application and opens GMail, I see my office emails. 

Otherwise, once I receive the email from my gmail account, the behaviour is different. First, the notification about new email does not contain  GMail <N> messages, but <email> <N> Messages. In addition, when I go to Messages and open GMail, I see my Gmail mails rather than my Office ones. Once the next office message is delivered, the behaviour is back to the previous: under GMail account I see my exchange emails. 

The additional problem is that I am unable to add my office's exchange account back. Once I try to do it, the error message is shown: "Login to the account failed, please ty again.". I suspect that the reason for this deny is that the same account is already registered in phone (otherwise it would not possible to retrieve emails). 

Another interesting fact is that the account of my exchange not is under GMail account when emails are delivered. It seems that the exchange account was not deleted, but only disabled, but somehow became with the same ID as GMail, so in the result two email resources are retrieved on the same account. 

Thank you for help,

Nikita

Options

164 Posts

07-23-2010

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 17

2012-04-24, 14:39 PM

Are you a Verizon customer (and did you purchase your RAZR from Verizon)?

Options

7 Posts

03-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 17

2012-04-24, 18:11 PM

I have the Droid Razr (verizon) and my my email accounts, using the default email accounts application doesn't sync very well. If I delete from my phone it's still on there when I access my account from my PC and vice versa. Really kills my productivity. 

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 6 of 17

2012-04-24, 18:16 PM

Darnellm222 said:

I have the Droid Razr (verizon) and my my email accounts, using the default email accounts application doesn't sync very well. If I delete from my phone it's still on there when I access my account from my PC and vice versa. Really kills my productivity. 

@darnellm

Exchange accounts, right?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

7 Posts

03-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 17

2012-04-24, 18:22 PM

eaccents said:

Darnellm222 said:

@darnellm

No gmail and yahoo. Exchange just refuses to work but that is a fixable problem.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 8 of 17

2012-04-24, 18:31 PM

Darnellm222 said:

eaccents said:

Darnellm222 said:

@darnellm

No gmail and yahoo. Exchange just refuses to work but that is a fixable problem.

If I understand you correctly, you want what you do on the device to be duplicated on your PC/web email.  For example, if you delete an email on your phone, you want it show as deleted no matter what device is accessing this same Gmail account, right?

Not sure about Yahoo, but in Gmail you have to enable IMAP (goto the "gear" icon, tap "settings," and find the "forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab).  

I will have to look to see if Yahoo has IMAP (two way sync) or if it is just POP (you can download it to your device, but anything you do on the device is not reflected on the email server).

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

164 Posts

07-23-2010

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 17

2012-04-24, 18:51 PM

@eaccents, I think your issue is very different from the one reported by sna19.

In your case, I assume you are on Verizon (this is material because Verizon has its own way of handling personal email, which is different from any other carrier, so please correct me if I am wrong).  

There are in fact several ways to set up your Yahoo and your Gmail account:

1. Gmail: you get your Gmail via the "Gmail" client or via the stock client.  If you go to your app tray, you should see a shortcut to Gmail (that's what I call the Gmail client), and a shortcut to Email (that's what I call the stock client).  If you are using the Email client to get your gmail emails, I would suggest that you try using the Gmail client.

2. Yahoo: You can set up your Yahoo account if you go from Home screen, then hit Menu>Settings>Accounts, choose Add account and select Email.  There, on Verizon phones, you should see a list of popular email providers icluding Yahoo, and the option to choose Other.  For Yahoo, you can select the Yahoo icon, or the Other.  Both work, although behind the scenes they wrk differently, so I suggest you try with the Yahoo icon and if it is not working properly you can try with the Other icon.

Options

7 Posts

03-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 17

2012-04-24, 18:54 PM

eaccents said:

Darnellm222 said:

eaccents said:

Darnellm222 said:

@darnellm

If I understand you correctly, you want what you do on the device to be duplicated on your PC/web email.  For example, if you delete an email on your phone, you want it show as deleted no matter what device is accessing this same Gmail account, right?

Not sure about Yahoo, but in Gmail you have to enable IMAP (goto the "gear" icon, tap "settings," and find the "forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab).  

I will have to look to see if Yahoo has IMAP (two way sync) or if it is just POP (you can download it to your device, but anything you do on the device is not reflected on the email server).

Cannot find the "forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms