Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-31-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 14

Anyone having Alarm Clock Problems on Razr Maxx?

2012-04-03, 17:59 PM

Occassionally, when my alarm goes off in the morning, it won't ring. It will just vibrate. I have no clue why this is happening. I thought I had it figured out but it happened again today. I think it has something to do with smart actions (even though I don't have a smart action for alarm).

My alarm goes off vibrate only, no sound and a box is on the screen saying the alarm clock needs force closed. Then my phone freezes up and I have to turn it off via power and volume key. I'm using the stock alarm clock too.

Anyone else having these issues?

Options

423 Posts

02-10-2010

United States of America

78 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Views: 3492
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: Anyone having Alarm Clock Problems on Razr Maxx?

2012-04-03, 18:11 PM

Use my alarm clock every weekday and I have never had this issue.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 3 of 14

2012-04-03, 19:41 PM

Yes, I have had the no sound issue but I did not receive a force close warning.  Instead, my alarm will go off (silently), the alarm app will come to the forefront of the screen, and there will be something in the notification bar, but no sound.

I do not use Smart Actions.

I uninstalled my 3rd party alarm app to see if it was interfering with the stock alarm.  That was 4 days ago--so far so good, but I am kind of waiting to see as this did not happen to me every day.....

There are others who noted silent alarms here https://forums.motorola.com/posts/bfc311c654

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

6 Posts

03-31-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 14

2012-04-03, 19:45 PM

eaccents said:

Yes, I have had the no sound issue but I did not receive a force close warning.  Instead, my alarm will go off (silently), the alarm app will come to the forefront of the screen, and there will be something in the notification bar, but no sound.

I uninstalled my 3rd party alarm app to see if it was interfering with the stock alarm.  That was 4 days ago--so far so good, but I am kind of waiting to see as this did not happen to me every day.....

There are others who noted silent alarms here https://forums.motorola.com/posts/bfc311c654

Mine does not happen every day either. This problem has been happening since I got the phone. Every now and then it will act up. Sometimes 2 days in a row. This morning I restarted my phone after the 1st alarm and then when a 2nd alarm went off it still didnt ring just vibrate. I had to shut down phone again and then when a 3rd alarm went off it still didn't work properly. Normally after I shut down the phone and turn it back on...the problem doesn't continue. I'm starting to think it's an app I use that is interfering with the alarm but I have no clue which app would be doing that. I even did a factory reboot within the first week of purchasing the phone and slowly added about 3 apps a day to see if any caused problems. Didn't have any issues and have loaded all my apps at this point. Then today it starts acting up again. Haven't added anything new either. Thanks for the insight! If you figure anything out let me know.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2012-04-03, 20:02 PM

krysta207 said:

eaccents said:

Mine does not happen every day either. This problem has been happening since I got the phone. Every now and then it will act up. Sometimes 2 days in a row. This morning I restarted my phone after the 1st alarm and then when a 2nd alarm went off it still didnt ring just vibrate. I had to shut down phone again and then when a 3rd alarm went off it still didn't work properly. Normally after I shut down the phone and turn it back on...the problem doesn't continue. I'm starting to think it's an app I use that is interfering with the alarm but I have no clue which app would be doing that. I even did a factory reboot within the first week of purchasing the phone and slowly added about 3 apps a day to see if any caused problems. Didn't have any issues and have loaded all my apps at this point. Then today it starts acting up again. Haven't added anything new either. Thanks for the insight! If you figure anything out let me know.

Will do.  Please do the same :)

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2012-04-03, 21:42 PM

I would really like to know how to resolve this.  If it is a setting or an app interfering with the alarm, I am willing to change the setting or uninstall the app--whatever is needed.  

I'd like to be able to rely on my device instead of having to back it up with another phone....I can't be late in the morning!

Options

11 Posts

03-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 14

2012-04-19, 16:27 PM

I'm the user who as far as I know was the first to post something about the alarm clock issue. I just want to note that I just got a new Razr and I am still experiencing the issue. So this is the 4th different phone (X, Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx) I've it happen on. Also for the first time I've had the issue of no sound happen on the timer. The phone still vibrated, just no audio. 

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2012-04-19, 17:34 PM

BinaryW01f said:

I'm the user who as far as I know was the first to post something about the alarm clock issue. I just want to note that I just got a new Razr and I am still experiencing the issue. So this is the 4th different phone (X, Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx) I've it happen on. Also for the first time I've had the issue of no sound happen on the timer. The phone still vibrated, just no audio. 

I had the no sound for alarm issue, uninstalled my 3rd party alarm and went to using the stock alarm app only, and the device has been reliable ever since.

Options

11 Posts

03-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 14

2012-04-19, 17:35 PM

eaccents said:

BinaryW01f said:

I had the no sound for alarm issue, uninstalled my 3rd party alarm and went to using the stock alarm app only, and the device has been reliable ever since.

Already 100% stock

Options

85 Posts

04-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 14

2012-04-19, 21:27 PM
 My RAZR MAXX has no problem with the stock alarm, I use it everyday. But that problem used to happen on my DROID 2 global
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms