Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

03-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 29

Re: "Bugs" I've noticed, Wondering if anyone else has ran into these issues

2012-03-15, 22:36 PM

JBass said:

I also have the razr, but I have not experienced any of these alarm issues with this phone or my X/X2. Yes, I also use custom alarm tones as well.

The stock player not displaying the music titles, I have experienced occasionally. As you stated, more of an inconvenience than anything else.

It doesn't happen every time, I just know it does every now and then. I wish I had some sort of proof of it happening. Maybe I'm just that unlucky.

Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 29

2012-03-16, 14:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

I got my Max Wednesday night. Everything ran smooth and fast all day yesterday, even my favorite music player, PowerAMp which was buggy on my X. Last night I used the Video Dock in "Bedside Mode" and this morning I had the fowllowing happen. 1. After Going into settings, anything I tried (I was in there to adjust sound volumes), just locked up the phone. 2. The phone would not go landscape when I tried to anser a text. This was fixed with a reboot.  3. (This may not be a bug) The volume of the start sounds is very very low.

Is there more than one videop dock? There was a sticky label on the box that said "Works with Razr Maxx."

Matt

Options

119 Posts

08-17-2010

United States of America

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 13 of 29

2012-03-16, 16:55 PM

This morning was the second time in two months that the alarm clock on my phone didn't work.  I've had my RAZR MAXX since the first week it was released, and I use it as my alarm clock every weekday.  Most days it works just like it's supposed to, but this morning (and once probably a month ago), it never went off.  When I unlocked the phone, the icon was in the Notification Bar as if it had been snoozed, but it had never gone off.  My wife was already awake, and it was already about a half-hour past when it should have gone off, so I know I didn't press snooze.

My alarm was set to Vibrate only (which is why I always use the phone as my alarm...to keep from waking up the baby), so it wouldn't have made a sound anyway, but I do know the alarm application did not take over and wake the phone.

Options

11 Posts

03-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 29

2012-03-16, 17:09 PM

freshmaker said:

This morning was the second time in two months that the alarm clock on my phone didn't work.  I've had my RAZR MAXX since the first week it was released, and I use it as my alarm clock every weekday.  Most days it works just like it's supposed to, but this morning (and once probably a month ago), it never went off.  When I unlocked the phone, the icon was in the Notification Bar as if it had been snoozed, but it had never gone off.  My wife was already awake, and it was already about a half-hour past when it should have gone off, so I know I didn't press snooze.

My alarm was set to Vibrate only (which is why I always use the phone as my alarm...to keep from waking up the baby), so it wouldn't have made a sound anyway, but I do know the alarm application did not take over and wake the phone.

Other than having sound on, I've had this happen exactly! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 29

2012-03-19, 16:04 PM

I woke up this morning a few seconds before my alarm on my Maxx  was supposed to go off. The alarm screen came on, but no sound. Dummy me had the alarm volume turned all the way down. It looked real good though (laughing). Normally, it's been working just fine as it did on my previous Moto phone. By the way, my alarm sound is The Beatle's "Good Morning Good Morning". It starts with a rooster. Makes my dogs bark.. pretty funny.

Options

746 Posts

02-06-2012

United States

3 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 16 of 29

2012-03-19, 17:18 PM

I'm not the most technical person so my explanation might not have the right lingo, but it seems that after a reboot the apps initialize before all the files on the SD card are recognized.  So if you use a custom notification/ringtone whatever app references that file might not be able to see it when it comes time to call it (and usually custom tones are stored on your SD).  So if you're using a custom alarm sound, it might not be putting out any sound because the alarm clock app can't see the file.  I've had a few issues with notifications and my ringtone, because of this reason.  I don't think I recommend a solution that requires root access on here, but the only way I fixed it was by moving the files into system/media/audio/notifications (or ringtones, alarm, etc) and re-selecting them in my settings.

Options

52 Posts

10-24-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 17 of 29

2012-03-24, 21:52 PM

I have had my Maxx for about 6 weeks and use it as my main alarm clock.  Unfortunately, it goes off without a hitch every morning at 0415hrs like it is supposed to.  Even the second alarm I have set goes off just in case I shut the first one off and went back to dreamland.  I am 100% confident with my alarm.  Just a note, I use the stock tones.

Options

91 Posts

12-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 29

2012-03-24, 21:58 PM

I have used the stock alarm clock without any issues. I now am using Gentle Alarm from the Play Store. I use an ABBA tune to wake me. And have not had any problems except I don't want to get up. Hope you work out your issue.

Options

11 Posts

03-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 29

2012-03-24, 22:51 PM

Nanniepoo said:

I'm not the most technical person so my explanation might not have the right lingo, but it seems that after a reboot the apps initialize before all the files on the SD card are recognized.  So if you use a custom notification/ringtone whatever app references that file might not be able to see it when it comes time to call it (and usually custom tones are stored on your SD).  So if you're using a custom alarm sound, it might not be putting out any sound because the alarm clock app can't see the file.  I've had a few issues with notifications and my ringtone, because of this reason.  I don't think I recommend a solution that requires root access on here, but the only way I fixed it was by moving the files into system/media/audio/notifications (or ringtones, alarm, etc) and re-selecting them in my settings.

If another user reported the same issue but when not using any ringtones, just vibrate, then that dismisses custom ringtones as being a probable cause. I'm really at a lost for what the issue might be, if only could get some sort of feedback from Motorola. 

Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 29

2012-03-24, 23:09 PM
 It's been 10 nights and mornings and mine hasn't failed me yet. I use music tracks.
Matt
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms