Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

119 Posts

08-17-2010

United States of America

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 21 of 29

Re: "Bugs" I've noticed, Wondering if anyone else has ran into these issues

2012-03-26, 12:09 PM

I have also had problems with my ringtones, where my MAXX seems to re-index my ringtones and ends up reassigning random audio to different notification sounds.  That has occurred twice in the past 3 months.

That is, however, unrelated to my two instances of Alarm Clock failure, as I only use Vibrate and don't use any sound at all.  It seems like the phone just doesn't "wake up" for some reason, and the Alarm gets automatically snoozed and sent to the Notification bar without actually "going off" (i.e. vibrating).

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 22 of 29

2012-03-26, 17:35 PM

freshmaker said:

I have also had problems with my ringtones, where my MAXX seems to re-index my ringtones and ends up reassigning random audio to different notification sounds.  That has occurred twice in the past 3 months.

That is, however, unrelated to my two instances of Alarm Clock failure, as I only use Vibrate and don't use any sound at all.  It seems like the phone just doesn't "wake up" for some reason, and the Alarm gets automatically snoozed and sent to the Notification bar without actually "going off" (i.e. vibrating).

Just had my alarm clock go off silently this morning.  When I checked my phone, my alarm app (SmarterAlarm) was at the forefront of the screen, there was an alarm icon in the notification bar, but my device did not play any sound.  I woke to the sound of the alarm on a different device instead (my back up).

Worked perfectly for the first 4 days, then silent on the 5th.  Will try to keep track of things and watch this more closely.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 23 of 29

2012-03-27, 1:24 AM
 The Landscape problem happened again tonight after the phone came out of the car dock. The phone stays in Portrait mode when it normally would.go to Landscape. A power down fixes this problem.
Matt
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 24 of 29

2012-03-30, 19:07 PM

freshmaker said:

This morning was the second time in two months that the alarm clock on my phone didn't work.  I've had my RAZR MAXX since the first week it was released, and I use it as my alarm clock every weekday.  Most days it works just like it's supposed to, but this morning (and once probably a month ago), it never went off.  When I unlocked the phone, the icon was in the Notification Bar as if it had been snoozed, but it had never gone off.  My wife was already awake, and it was already about a half-hour past when it should have gone off, so I know I didn't press snooze.

My alarm was set to Vibrate only (which is why I always use the phone as my alarm...to keep from waking up the baby), so it wouldn't have made a sound anyway, but I do know the alarm application did not take over and wake the phone.

OK, so @BinaryW01f is running stock launcher with no 3rd party apps and says that when the alarm fails to make a sound it also does not take over the screen (come to the forefront).

@freshmaker:  Is this true for you as well?

In my case, I am running another alarm app, a 3rd party launcher, and I should also note that I have a profile switching app (that changes the sound profiles at certain times...ex:  silent from 11pm to 6am).  My alarms are set to go off after 7am, so I am not sure the profile app should be considered....but you never know.

Also, when I had my silent alarm the app came to the forefront--there just wasn't any sound so I am not even sure we are experiencing the same issue.....

I will be uninstalling my other alarm app to see if it may be interfering with the stock alarm app's function.

Will update if the uninstall of my other alarm app fixes my issue.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

119 Posts

08-17-2010

United States of America

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 25 of 29

2012-03-30, 19:49 PM

eaccents said:

OK, so @BinaryW01f is running stock launcher with no 3rd party apps and says that when the alarm fails to make a sound it also does not take over the screen (come to the forefront).

@freshmaker:  Is this true for you as well?

I am using the stock Alarm Clock and the stock Launcher.  I have tons of third party apps, but none installed that are related to the Launcher or Alarm Clock. Likewise, it seems that the Alarm did not take over the screen on those occassions.  

When I woke up on my own and checked the phone, the Notification was in the Bar, as if it had gone off and I had snoozed the Alarm.  I know I didn't press snooze because it was half an hour later and there is no way I could have pressed snooze six times without remembering it.

Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 26 of 29

2012-03-30, 20:07 PM
 Any chance you are using Smart Actions with your alarm? If you are using smart a Fiona you might check go see.it is engaged
Options

119 Posts

08-17-2010

United States of America

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 27 of 29

2012-03-30, 20:55 PM

I don't use Smart Actions.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 28 of 29

2012-03-30, 22:51 PM

ONEMAT said:

Any chance you are using Smart Actions with your alarm? If you are using smart a Fiona you might check go see.it is engaged

I don't use SmartActions either, but I use Llama which is similar (based on Phone towers/masts instead of GPS...uses less resources to trigger your action).

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 29 of 29

2012-04-03, 20:06 PM

All:

Issues with no sound for your alarm has its own thread here:  https://forums.motorola.com/posts/64c4e91e9c?start=1&stop=15#588058 

If you experience this silent alarm issue or have anything to add to the topic, would you please post there?

Thank you!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms