Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

343 Posts

03-20-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: DROID RAZR XT912 and it's future

2013-09-11, 0:38 AM

eaccents said:

crystallet said:

It's not that I don't want more updates, believe me, I do.  But my Nexus 7 is on 4.3, and honestly, I'm not seeing anything so different there that makes me feel like I absolutelyh need the next update on my Razr.  I do think about security updates, though, but then I only download apps from the Play store.  Not an absolute guarantee of safety, but I do run Lookout, so I think I'm okay.

View original

I'd like TRIM, which comes with 4.3.  I suspect that it will keep our devices running better, longer.

View original

The one function I run a lot that seems to make a huge difference.   I abandoned launchers/widgets since they eat up too much memory (1Gb is not enough!) 

Options

1321 Posts

06-05-2010

United States

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: DROID RAZR XT912 and it's future

2013-09-12, 0:26 AM

JBass said:

ETPhoneHomeT said:

crystallet said:

eaccents said:

crystallet said:

It's not that I don't want more updates, believe me, I do.  But my Nexus 7 is on 4.3, and honestly, I'm not seeing anything so different there that makes me feel like I absolutely need the next update on my Razr.  I do think about security updates, though, but then I only download apps from the Play store.  Not an absolute guarantee of safety, but I do run Lookout, so I think I'm okay.

View original

I'd like TRIM, which comes with 4.3.  I suspect that it will keep our devices running better, longer.

View original

Hey, eaccents, you "know" me for a while now and you know how manic I get over the prospect of an update!   wink

But honestly, while I'd like TRIM, my Razr has been as reliable a computer as I've ever had, and regarding its performance, a cache clear, app cache clear or reboot has solved the few slow downs I've had.

What I want and what I need are two different things (thanks, Mr. Jagger).  laugh

View original

+1 on these sentiments.  I also have the older Nexus 7 model tablet running 4.3 and don't see anything radically different with it that I'm missing on 4.1.2.  TRIM would be nice to have available, but like Crystallet,

I do an app cache clear, cache partition wipe or reboot from time to time if my phone seems to be lagging at all (which isn't very often) and that takes care of it. 

I still think it's possible we could see another update but seeing that sometimes updates don't always go 100% smoothly (without performing an FDR) on Android, I'm pretty happy as is with a fully functional 4.1.2.

View original

1. Cache clear

2. Partition wipe

3. Reboot

4. Repeat as necessary ...

Simple maintenance ...wink

View original

I do all that and a factory reset every 6 months.  Hope it keeps it all running smooth for a while.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms