Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

1941 Posts

08-11-2010

United States of America

863 Signins

14025 Page Views

• Views: 14025
  • Message 31 of 47

Re: Jelly Bean Frustration

2013-02-19, 15:01 PM

This is probably the changelog for Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02/12/developer-changelog-heres-whats-new-in-android-4-2-2-jdq39/

Options

53 Posts

01-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 32 of 47

2013-02-19, 21:04 PM

null

null

Per crystallet's comment before there was alot of truth but unfortunately i have to disagree that all RAZRs are created equally. In the last month i have had three in my possession and the first had a internal hard ware issue, nobodies fault, the second had a random speaker issue, not working for videos, tele or music, and this one seems better but I'll keep it a week before i make a decision. All got FDRed twice when i got them and none had apps or any other changes made other then the auto updates from "factory"apps. They all had very different problems with same soft/hardware. I don't have any addons on this one until i can be confident it's going to be as reliable as it should be. Unfortunately there are bugs in some devices but like or not we just have to deal with them. I just like to blame it on my carrier so Verizon quit screwing everything up.View original

I'm going to be very candid here, so hopefully I am still on the forums tomorrow, I may well get the MotoXprt equivalent of a pink slip.  If the phones you received were "CLNR" (certified like new replacements) they cannot be considered against Crystallet's comment, as I agree with her.   True hardware failures on new devices from Motorola are very rare.  If they *were* CLNR devices, regrettably I have seen more than I care to admit that were not refurbished to the point of "being like new"...either in appearance or performance.  There are instances, albeit very rare, that a factory data reset will not cure and only a new OS flashed to the phone will allow the device to work as Motorola intended when it was manufactured.  There have been phones reported on the forums that were CLNR that obviously had only been FDR'ed and did not have a new OS flashed to the device.   Okay, now the question I should have asked at the beginning of my post..were your replacement phones "CLNR"?      --- Dan

View original

How right you are Dan. I have gone through 4 CLNR Razr Maxx phones in replacement for my Bionic. Number 4 is finally working as it should. It has been a nightmare for me, as this phone is integral in my work. Took over a year to get here, and not too anxious to upgrade to JB any time soon. This is working fine...so as long as it continues to do so...I'm sticking with what was loaded by VZW.

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 33 of 47

2013-02-19, 22:15 PM

null

null

null

Per crystallet's comment before there was alot of truth but unfortunately i have to disagree that all RAZRs are created equally. In the last month i have had three in my possession and the first had a internal hard ware issue, nobodies fault, the second had a random speaker issue, not working for videos, tele or music, and this one seems better but I'll keep it a week before i make a decision. All got FDRed twice when i got them and none had apps or any other changes made other then the auto updates from "factory"apps. They all had very different problems with same soft/hardware. I don't have any addons on this one until i can be confident it's going to be as reliable as it should be. Unfortunately there are bugs in some devices but like or not we just have to deal with them. I just like to blame it on my carrier so Verizon quit screwing everything up.View original

I'm going to be very candid here, so hopefully I am still on the forums tomorrow, I may well get the MotoXprt equivalent of a pink slip.  If the phones you received were "CLNR" (certified like new replacements) they cannot be considered against Crystallet's comment, as I agree with her.   True hardware failures on new devices from Motorola are very rare.  If they *were* CLNR devices, regrettably I have seen more than I care to admit that were not refurbished to the point of "being like new"...either in appearance or performance.  There are instances, albeit very rare, that a factory data reset will not cure and only a new OS flashed to the phone will allow the device to work as Motorola intended when it was manufactured.  There have been phones reported on the forums that were CLNR that obviously had only been FDR'ed and did not have a new OS flashed to the device.   Okay, now the question I should have asked at the beginning of my post..were your replacement phones "CLNR"?      --- Dan

View original

How right you are Dan. I have gone through 4 CLNR Razr Maxx phones in replacement for my Bionic. Number 4 is finally working as it should. It has been a nightmare for me, as this phone is integral in my work. Took over a year to get here, and not too anxious to upgrade to JB any time soon. This is working fine...so as long as it continues to do so...I'm sticking with what was loaded by VZW.

View original

And the sad part is you're not the only one.  There's a pattern, though, I think...when a phone first launches, the CLNRs probably include phones that were returned within the first two weeks simply because people didn't like them.  Those phones get flashed (or even FDR'd) and operate as they should.  But as time goes on, the bricks, battered, and abused units start coming in, and, with a less than adequate refurb process, you wind up with an experience like yours, which should never happen.  

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 34 of 47

2013-02-19, 22:34 PM

null

null

null

View original

View original

I'm sorry to hear you were so unfortunate to receive that many consecutive defective refurbished phones..OTOH, very glad to hear the one you have now is working correctly.  Thanks for the feedback on your experiences.    --- Dan

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 35 of 47

2013-02-19, 23:07 PM

null

This is probably the changelog for Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02/12/developer-changelog-heres-whats-new-in-android-4-2-2-jdq39/

View original

Thank you for the link, here's yes   to hoping it makes it to some of our devices.    --- Dan

Options

1321 Posts

06-05-2010

United States

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 36 of 47

2013-02-20, 1:57 AM

I've had both good and bad experiences with CLN replacements.

Options

9 Posts

04-02-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 37 of 47

2013-04-02, 14:12 PM
I'm really regretting my purchase. Honestly I've been a loyal Motorola user since the razr &krzr days. I've had a defy and this is my third android phone. The most frustrating by far because I can see the potential, I just can't use it. We're all stuck with a laggy, buggy ICS when everyone else with their samsungs is on jellybean by now.

At this rate my next phone will be a Samsung, I'm so disappointed in Motorola, you Guys really screwed the pooch on this one....
Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 38 of 47

2013-04-02, 14:20 PM

TrooperKhan said:

I'm really regretting my purchase. Honestly I've been a loyal Motorola user since the razr &krzr days. I've had a defy and this is my third android phone. The most frustrating by far because I can see the potential, I just can't use it. We're all stuck with a laggy, buggy ICS when everyone else with their samsungs is on jellybean by now. At this rate my next phone will be a Samsung, I'm so disappointed in Motorola, you Guys really screwed the pooch on this one....View original

Why are you still on ICS. JB was rolled out around March 13th (except those that got the surprise Christmas gift).

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 39 of 47

2013-04-02, 14:26 PM

TrooperKhan said:

I'm really regretting my purchase. Honestly I've been a loyal Motorola user since the razr &krzr days. I've had a defy and this is my third android phone. The most frustrating by far because I can see the potential, I just can't use it. We're all stuck with a laggy, buggy ICS when everyone else with their samsungs is on jellybean by now. At this rate my next phone will be a Samsung, I'm so disappointed in Motorola, you Guys really screwed the pooch on this one....View original

Are you saying  you're still on ICS?  Because JB for the Razr/Maxx started rolling out via OTA a couple of weeks ago.

That being said, I see by your icon that you're new to the forum, so whatever problems you're having, we may be able to help.  We have fixed laggy phones with different cache clearing processes, identification of rogue apps, FDRs, etc., but regarding "buggy," we need the details so we can approach each problem.

You can go to Menu-System Settings-About Phone-System Updates, to see if JB is waiting for you, but I would add this: If a phone is already acting wonky due to a software conflict/issue, adding more lines of code to the problem may well make it worse instead of better.  In those cases where the phone is lagging or not operating as intended, I strongly recommend that all data be backed up first, all caches cleared, including the system cache via the recovery menu several times in a row, and an FDR via the recovery menu, also several times in a row.  I personally believe that only after performing those steps will you get a clean install in a wonky phone.  Perhaps others may disagree, but I wouldn't risk adding more code to existing code that already isn't running properly.

Options

9 Posts

04-02-2013

Canada

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 40 of 47

2013-04-02, 14:26 PM
Because I have a razr v. I check once a week and the stupid thing gleefully tells me my software is up to date. It ought to be full of shame and deferential: "forgive me, master I have failed you. There are no updates yet." Then an animated GIF of a Motorola ninja committing seppuku should appear. It's sorta the least they can do at this point. I mean at least humor us by making fun of the fact that you suck at updates...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms