Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

1321 Posts

06-05-2010

United States

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 81 of 179

Re: Jelly Bean, Worth the Wait?

2013-03-19, 1:24 AM

null

Nothing earth-shattering (wasn't supposed to be), but everything seems to be working as it should. Signal issues experienced with ICS are finally gone. Signal much more stable - no more 4G to 3G hand off issues. Internet and phone scrolling much smoother. Phone seems to run faster. Quicker transitions from page to page and pages loading.

Only minor complaints. I missed Motoprint at first. Then downloaded HP ePrint and it works just as well - maybe even better. Liked the old version of Motocast better. Used to be able to copy and paste from File Manager to Motocast, but can't seem to do that now. Motocast not showing up as alternative drive as it used to when you first open the file manager  Maybe just missing something or I just don't know how to do it yet. Anything else missing (e.g., timer) was replaced with PlayStore app. Guess I am one of the fortunate ones, as I have not experienced any of the problems others are having (e.g., Wifi, battery, etc...)

So for me it was worth it if for no other reason that it corrected my only real issue with ICS (4G/3G hand off).

View original

Awesome to hear that your problems have been corrected! I also am not having any wifi or battery issues.

Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 82 of 179

2013-03-19, 13:10 PM

crystallet/huff825 -

Thanks...Couldn't join in with the testing process as I was traveling and would not have been able to give any real feedback. So waited for the OTA. Wanted to give it a week after that before I posted just to make sure it wasn't a fluke smiley. So far no issues, and have been giving it a work-out the past 3-4 days.

Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 83 of 179

2013-03-22, 14:51 PM

I am surprised to see how many people are still on ICS or who have just upgraded a day or two ago.surprise

I was reading another post where the user was reporting an issue and threatening to get a non-moto phone if it wasn't resolved.

Surprise, surprise, the update addressed their issue... wink

Who is still resisting this update and why?

Yes, I know about Foxfi...

Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 84 of 179

2013-03-22, 15:23 PM

I just upgraded last night.  I was holding off, because I have the LapDock 500 pro accessory and heard rumors that it wasn't going to work with JB.  After receiving feedback from Motorola's Facebook page and others in LapDock Owners Forum that had installed JB and said it work, I decided to upgrade. 

So far I like the upgrade, but I need to check out few things that I have not had the chance to see if they still work.  I noticed someone posting a problem with MotoCast.  I really don't care fro MotoCast.  I just need to know if I connect with my USB Cable if I can drag n drop files on onto my Razr. I record a lot of Videos and like to store a few on Razr for viewing with out the issue of loss of signal while streaming video.  So if I can transfer my favorite TV shows still, I will be happy.  I also have yet to test if Citrix Receiver still works connecting to my employer's network. 

I must say the performance with the LapDock 500 pro has improved.  The buggy Cursor jumping and keyboard issues seems to be fixed or less aggravating.

I will return with in a week or two to give you more feedback.

BTW - which apps were removed with the JB update.  I noticed that some of my apps disappeared but don't know which ones those are?

Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 85 of 179

2013-03-22, 15:59 PM

null

I just upgraded last night.  I was holding off, because I have the LapDock 500 pro accessory and heard rumors that it wasn't going to work with JB.  After receiving feedback from Motorola's Facebook page and others in LapDock Owners Forum that had installed JB and said it work, I decided to upgrade. 

So far I like the upgrade, but I need to check out few things that I have not had the chance to see if they still work.  I noticed someone posting a problem with MotoCast.  I really don't care fro MotoCast.  I just need to know if I connect with my USB Cable if I can drag n drop files on onto my Razr. I record a lot of Videos and like to store a few on Razr for viewing with out the issue of loss of signal while streaming video.  So if I can transfer my favorite TV shows still, I will be happy.  I also have yet to test if Citrix Receiver still works connecting to my employer's network. 

I must say the performance with the LapDock 500 pro has improved.  The buggy Cursor jumping and keyboard issues seems to be fixed or less aggravating.

I will return with in a week or two to give you more feedback.

BTW - which apps were removed with the JB update.  I noticed that some of my apps disappeared but don't know which ones those are?

View original

I also like the way my lapdock feels since the JB update. Too bad they didn't fix the volume control issue..

Here are the changes:

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/motorola-razr-jelly-bean.jpeg

Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 86 of 179

2013-03-22, 17:00 PM

Speaking of volume, I noticed that the "Touch Sounds" volume is much louder...to the point I had to turn them off. The onlly volume control (I could find) to turn them down was the Ringer volume (which I don't want to do).  Not a big deal turning them off...just curious.

Is this something unique to my phone, or did this occur to everyones (have not seen it mentioned anywhere).

Options

343 Posts

03-20-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 87 of 179

2013-03-23, 4:20 AM

Missed the December update but have the latest version of JB.   I LOVE it 

Butter is much more responsive.

Google NOW is just awesome!  Reminders to leave early for meetings, time to home etc 

Improved notifications.

Resizable Widgets (I use lots of widgets).

Not a huge difference, but the 1st two are MAJOR improvements.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 88 of 179

2013-03-23, 4:25 AM
@ grandsport: so glad your reception issues were resolved with the update!
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 89 of 179

2013-03-23, 4:27 AM
Google Now is my favorite new feature :-) Love love love it!
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

343 Posts

03-20-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 90 of 179

2013-03-23, 4:37 AM
Showing the wife the 18 minute drive time is nice - she thinks I'm Mario Andretti and should have made it in 5!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)