Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

06-11-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 8

Mobile Data limit reached?

2012-12-16, 4:26 AM
I got a smart action set for battery savings where when it's not charging and screen is off the background data is off. But a couple days ago I had the smart action running and go to use my phone and a screen pops up saying my mobile data limit has been reached and data has been turned off. The thing is that I have unlimited data and I don't have a data limit set on the phone. It kept on doing it until I went into the data usage settings and changed the cycle to the day before and it fixed the problem. Has anyone else seen this issue?
Answer
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971

Re: Mobile Data limit reached?

2012-12-16, 18:34 PM

OK, try this. When you go to the Data usage screen, try turning on the data limit setting. Now grab the limit bar and move it up to say 100 GB and then grab the warning bar and move it up to as close to the limit bar as possible.

Leave these settings this way and see if the problem clears up. This will just prove whether or not this setting is what is causing the problem or not. If you see the Mobile data disabled box again than you know it is another function or app. This should be a good test to try. If you don't see the warning again than you could just leave the setting set this way and you shouldn't see the warning anymore.

If the data limit it set high enough that you never can possibly reach than you shouldn't have a problem anymore. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Replies(7)
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

2012-12-16, 8:44 AM

If you tap Settings>Mobile data, is Set mobile data limit checked? This is a setting in the OS settings not in Smart Actions. If that is checked than this is the behavior you would expect. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

35 Posts

06-11-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2012-12-16, 12:47 PM

I went in and checked that several times everytime that popped up and set mobile data limit isn't checked. Before I changed the Data Usage cycle it said I had used a little over 5gb of data.

Answer
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2012-12-16, 18:34 PM

OK, try this. When you go to the Data usage screen, try turning on the data limit setting. Now grab the limit bar and move it up to say 100 GB and then grab the warning bar and move it up to as close to the limit bar as possible.

Leave these settings this way and see if the problem clears up. This will just prove whether or not this setting is what is causing the problem or not. If you see the Mobile data disabled box again than you know it is another function or app. This should be a good test to try. If you don't see the warning again than you could just leave the setting set this way and you shouldn't see the warning anymore.

If the data limit it set high enough that you never can possibly reach than you shouldn't have a problem anymore. Hope this helps.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

35 Posts

06-11-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2012-12-16, 23:01 PM

That worked thank you so much. 

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2012-12-17, 0:45 AM

Still seems like something is wrong as when the data limit is unchecked than it should not ever give you a warning. I am not sure why it does that.

I guess as long as you aren't bothered by a warning than that is all that really matters. Glad that I was able to help.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 7 of 8

2012-12-17, 1:50 AM

joelbon said:

Still seems like something is wrong as when the data limit is unchecked than it should not ever give you a warning. I am not sure why it does that.

I guess as long as you aren't bothered by a warning than that is all that really matters. Glad that I was able to help.

View original

Yeah, almosts like data limit was set at one time and is now stuck.  Weird.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

35 Posts

06-11-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2012-12-17, 3:52 AM

eaccents said:

joelbon said:

View original

Yeah, almosts like data limit was set at one time and is now stuck.  Weird.

View original

Yea it is weird because as long as the phone has had ics the mobile data limit has never been set and all of the sudden the phone starts acting like the mobile data limit is on. I've gone back and changed the usage cycle date back to what it was and turned off the set data limit option to see if anything would happen and so far everything is working fine. The data is showing I've used 7.04 GB the most I've ever used. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms