Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

03-13-2012

United States

16 Signins

460 Page Views

• Views: 460
  • Message 1 of 12

Motorola Droidlight LED Flashlight App-Maxx

2012-03-13, 20:18 PM

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having a problem with Motorola Droidlight LED Flashlight App. On my Droid 1 or (OG Droid) I could use this app and the camera led would come on and a triangle in the notification area would say something to the effect that it would turn off in 15 min of inactivity, would stay on and could do whatever I wanted till I turned it off. Got a maxx and downloaded the app and it turns on the LED but as soon as you hit the home button, or the screen goes to sleep the app turns itself off this the led goes off also. Looking closer to see if a setting was off or something to prevent it from staying on longer I tried it again, however this time I noticed that the attention triangle in the notification bar doesn't pop-up saying that it would turn off after X amount of minutes. I know there's other apps but I really like Motorola's app for the least amount of permissions and just the fact its from the manufacture. Anyone else have this problem or know how to make it to where the light says on without keeping the screen on?

Answer
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971

Re: Motorola Droidlight LED Flashlight App-Maxx

2012-03-17, 18:46 PM

OK, I have been looking for an app that would have very few permissions and would work with the screen off. I think I found one that will fit the bill. The app is called TeslaLED Flashlight by TESLACOIL SOFTWARE. It only has three permissions.

• Hardware controls:  Take pictures and videos

• System tools:  Display system-level alerts, prevents phone from sleeping

• Hardware controls:  Control flashlight

If you are looking for a good flashlight app with minimal permissions than this is one to definitely look at. It should work for the OP and f38urry. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Replies(11)
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Message 2 of 12

2012-03-14, 7:05 AM

This is exaclty how the app works on my Droid Razr as well. It works with the screen off on my Droid X. I guess they have set it up on the Razr Maxx this way to prevent the battery from being burned up? Not sure.

It looks like your only option would be to go with another app as this app doesn't have any options that I can find. Sorry.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

19960 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2532 Signins

63858 Page Views

• Views: 63858
  • Message 3 of 12

2012-03-15, 19:15 PM

I use Color Flashlight, for what it's worth.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

15 Posts

03-13-2012

United States

16 Signins

460 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2012-03-15, 19:56 PM

I found another flashlight app this morning that I like, Joel-Possibly that is a reason that it doesn’t stay on but I'm not the developer so I don’t know the logic they were using in which devices stayed on or not after switching or turning off the screen. Matt-Thanks for the app suggestion. Just was curious as to if I was the only one it was happening too or if a solution was known to change the setting somehow, but that’s why there is a market (play store) so that way we aren’t just stuck with a single app-we have choices. Time to insert a developer’s shout out to thank them for keep building newer and better apps! And thank yall for the replies!

Options

1941 Posts

08-11-2010

United States of America

863 Signins

14025 Page Views

• Views: 14025
  • Message 5 of 12

2012-03-16, 20:07 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

I chose not to use Color Flashlight because....  Why should a flashlight app need "full internet access", ability to "modify the system's settings data" or the ability "to collect images the camera is seeing"?  Yes, Droidlight LED Flashlight collects images too, but....

Color Flashlight Permissions

This application has access to the following:

• Hardware controls
    take pictures and videos

Allows application to take pictures and videos with the camera. This allows the application at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.

• Network communication
    full Internet access

Allows an application to create network sockets.

• System tools
    modify global system settings

Allows an application to modify the system's settings data. Malicious applications can corrupt your system's configuration.

Show all

• Hardware controls
    control flashlight

Allows the application to control the flashlight.

• Network communication
    view network state

Allows an application to view the state of all networks.

Options

11 Posts

03-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 12

2012-03-17, 2:37 AM

It's something they've actually done to the app. In a recent update they disabled that feature for whatever reason. It use to work both on my X, Razr, and my friends Bionic before they updated it. It's kind of annoy, I wish they would restore it.

Options

1941 Posts

08-11-2010

United States of America

863 Signins

14025 Page Views

• Views: 14025
  • Message 7 of 12

2012-03-17, 12:54 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

Matt,

This is a new (since my post above) interesting article regarding application "permissions"

http://www.pcworld.com/article/251824/androids_permission_problems.html 

Answer
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2012-03-17, 18:46 PM

OK, I have been looking for an app that would have very few permissions and would work with the screen off. I think I found one that will fit the bill. The app is called TeslaLED Flashlight by TESLACOIL SOFTWARE. It only has three permissions.

• Hardware controls:  Take pictures and videos

• System tools:  Display system-level alerts, prevents phone from sleeping

• Hardware controls:  Control flashlight

If you are looking for a good flashlight app with minimal permissions than this is one to definitely look at. It should work for the OP and f38urry. Hope this helps.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

138 Posts

09-16-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 9 of 12

2012-03-19, 1:18 AM
 TeslaLED is nice--I replaced Droid Light with it. Thanks for the tip!
Options

15 Posts

03-13-2012

United States

16 Signins

460 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2012-03-20, 15:32 PM

Wow the post got really popular since I last checked it, TeslaLED is even better than the other I’ve been using-there’s no adds, the option to strobe, front screen, Morse code, timer, very small app size, doesn’t run in background after exiting....and like mentioned it stays on when the screen goes off :)  Thanks for taking the time to look Joel I’m sure others will find this as a great alternative also

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms