Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-14-2013

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 16

Protective case for Razr maxx

2013-04-14, 17:32 PM

Hi  i've been looking online for a protective cases for the Razr Maxx (not HD) .Problem is many discuss issues with built in in screen protectors getting dust or moisture underneath. Those without talk about problems with lint buildup and general failure over time of the silicone.

I've looked at a few brands such as Seido,Otter,trindent and puregear but i'm keen to find out what other users are currently using or woud advise to avoid.

Answer
Options

6 Posts

10-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Protective case for Razr maxx

2013-04-14, 18:27 PM

I have used sedio, otter box, and silicone skins on my razr maxx and previous smart phones. IMHO , the otter box commuter is the best compromise . In my trade , my phone gets exposed to dirt, water, metal grindings, etc. The specific things I like are the silicone flaps that do a good job of keeping nasties out of my phone's internals , the case is mostly covered by plastic , so it does not stick or hang when going into or out of my pocket (yet still hangs on enough that it doesn't fall out when I ride my motorcycle ), and it does not have the built in screen protector like the sedio case I used. I ended up removing that because it just didn't work for me. I think the otter box comes with a stick on screen protector. I just now replaced my first protector. Seems they don't hold up to welding slag very well...

Replies(15)
Options

102 Posts

11-04-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 16

2013-04-14, 17:39 PM
I have a RAZR Max HD with an Otter Box Commuter which I also had on my two previous BlackBerries. Maybe it's a bit overkill but I am quite pleased with it. I also continued with the Zagg screen protector as well.
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 3 of 16

2013-04-14, 18:02 PM

There have been several discussions in this forum about the cases and modes of carry people like.  In the end, I think you'll find that what works for you is what works best.  The same screen protector I put on my Razr 17 months ago, is the one that's on it today.  I use a silicone (I think it's silicone) case that I got from Verizon and it's probably the best fit I've seen in a case of that type.  I keep it in a $3 leather case I got on Amazon when it's in my purse.

FWIW, I have a Seido Active with multi-purpose cover for my Nexus 7, and if the phone cases are anywhere near as good, I believe it will give you fine protection, if you're looking for something more heavy-duty.

Many people absolutely love the Diztronics cases.

It really is a matter of personal choice.

Answer
Options

6 Posts

10-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 16

2013-04-14, 18:27 PM

I have used sedio, otter box, and silicone skins on my razr maxx and previous smart phones. IMHO , the otter box commuter is the best compromise . In my trade , my phone gets exposed to dirt, water, metal grindings, etc. The specific things I like are the silicone flaps that do a good job of keeping nasties out of my phone's internals , the case is mostly covered by plastic , so it does not stick or hang when going into or out of my pocket (yet still hangs on enough that it doesn't fall out when I ride my motorcycle ), and it does not have the built in screen protector like the sedio case I used. I ended up removing that because it just didn't work for me. I think the otter box comes with a stick on screen protector. I just now replaced my first protector. Seems they don't hold up to welding slag very well...

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 5 of 16

2013-04-14, 20:51 PM

Shopdaddy1 said:

View original

As long as it holds up to welding heat... wink

Options

3 Posts

04-14-2013

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2013-04-14, 20:56 PM

havs to say , i work in a warehouse although my phone is in my drawer  the day is not kind to anything delicate. plus the snagging in pocket but not being super slick hey you phone has slipped out is a sound recomendation.

i was lucky enough to get the phone mint condition from a  second hand retailer and since having it a few days my only regret is not being in the US as uk has sod all support for the phone and no HD version .

just looking for good case to keep it nice and safe

thanks

Options

11 Posts

12-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2013-04-14, 23:36 PM
I use an OtterBox. I didn't like the screen protector so I removed it. If you really want screen protection I would suggest using an OtterBox, remove the built in screen protector, and use a Zagg Invisi-Shield.
Options

17 Posts

02-01-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 16

2013-04-15, 0:01 AM

I use a Cruzerlite from the Android Central store with no screen protector. With the Gorilla Glass I've never needed one. 

http://www.shopandroid.com/cruzerlite-androidified-a2-tpu-case/4AA10720.htm

Options

1321 Posts

06-05-2010

United States

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 9 of 16

2013-04-15, 0:02 AM

I too use a zagg screen.  If you get the otterbox with built in screen protection it has a tendancy to stick to the zagg.  I had to remove the built in screen protector on the otterbox because of this issue. If you are tough on your phone, you can't beat the otterbox, or you can but it will survive.

Options

323 Posts

06-12-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2013-04-15, 1:02 AM

I recommend the otter box with belt clip.  I rip the glued on screen protector off myself because I like a good clear screen, and I use a Jot pen to sign, edit, and notate things. (especially pdf's that are emailed to me.)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)