Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

343 Posts

03-20-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

109 Page Views

  • Posts: 343
  • Registered: ‎03-20-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 109
  • Message 21 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-18, 15:21 PM
Now trying with Chrome. Seems the problem is with the default browser.
Reply
Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 1314
  • Registered: ‎12-09-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 22 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-18, 16:27 PM


iambc1 said:

Now trying with Chrome. Seems the problem is with the default browser.View original


I had a keyboard issue as well in that it would not put spaces between the words when on the Browser ( during search). Tried a different Browser (Dolphin), same issue. Finally broke down and got the paid version of SwiftKey - all problems rresolved and much better keyboard. Tried steps above before doing any of that with no luck.

Reply
Options

343 Posts

03-20-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

109 Page Views

  • Posts: 343
  • Registered: ‎03-20-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 109
  • Message 23 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-18, 16:33 PM
Just to clarify this is the swype keyboard that is part of Jellybean, not a downloaded app.
Reply
Options

1314 Posts

12-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 1314
  • Registered: ‎12-09-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 24 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-18, 16:45 PM


iambc1 said:

Just to clarify this is the swype keyboard that is part of Jellybean, not a downloaded app.View original


The default swype was the one I was having issues with as well. SwiftKey now has "Flow" which is the same as Swype, but much better (IMO).

Reply
Options

343 Posts

03-20-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

109 Page Views

  • Posts: 343
  • Registered: ‎03-20-2013
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 109
  • Message 25 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-19, 0:18 AM


f38urry said:



huff825 said:


I'm using AVG, the only thing I don't like is after updating an app, it does hang a bit while "checking" the app.  Otherwise, no issues.




Interesting.  Are you folks who use Lookout or Avast seeing what huff825 has described about AVG?


View original


I do see a SLIGHT delay while the app is first scanned but it's not long at all.   Since I haven't used AVG I can't compare it.

Reply
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 12299
  • Registered: ‎11-19-2009
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 26 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-19, 0:30 AM


iambc1 said:



f38urry said:



huff825 said:


I'm using AVG, the only thing I don't like is after updating an app, it does hang a bit while "checking" the app.  Otherwise, no issues.




Interesting.  Are you folks who use Lookout or Avast seeing what huff825 has described about AVG?


View original


I do see a SLIGHT delay while the app is first scanned but it's not long at all.   Since I haven't used AVG I can't compare it.


View original




I don't think it's possible to scan a file faster than AVG does and be accurate in the process.  I barely notice the very short interim that AVG is doing a virus/security scan on downloaded files.     --- Dan

Reply
Options

4366 Posts

09-08-2010

United States

2 Signins

19 Page Views

  • Posts: 4366
  • Registered: ‎09-08-2010
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 19
  • Message 27 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-23, 18:52 PM


Played with trustgo while in china, as I was having problems accessing my SD card.



It made my phone act even weirder so I uninstalled it.



I hope google will incorporate something like windows defender as security is, IMHO, really a OS issue at the end of the day...

Reply
Options

538 Posts

08-27-2010

United States of America

12 Signins

120 Page Views

  • Posts: 538
  • Registered: ‎08-27-2010
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 120
  • Message 28 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-24, 17:32 PM


Maybe I'll have to try AVG.  I've only used Lookout in the past and I have noticed a definite slowdown in phone performance during app updates since about ICS and JB I believe.  Before that, it worked great for me.

Reply
Options

1321 Posts

06-05-2010

United States

5 Signins

38 Page Views

  • Posts: 1321
  • Registered: ‎06-05-2010
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 38
  • Message 29 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-25, 0:08 AM


DansDroid said:



iambc1 said:



f38urry said:



huff825 said:


I'm using AVG, the only thing I don't like is after updating an app, it does hang a bit while "checking" the app.  Otherwise, no issues.




Interesting.  Are you folks who use Lookout or Avast seeing what huff825 has described about AVG?


View original


I do see a SLIGHT delay while the app is first scanned but it's not long at all.   Since I haven't used AVG I can't compare it.


View original




I don't think it's possible to scan a file faster than AVG does and be accurate in the process.  I barely notice the very short interim that AVG is doing a virus/security scan on downloaded files.     --- Dan


View original


That is an excellent point Dan, I don't mind a slight lag as long as it is doing what it is supposed to be doing, protecting the phone from nasty stuff.

Reply
Options

1941 Posts

08-11-2010

United States of America

863 Signins

14025 Page Views

  • Posts: 1941
  • Registered: ‎08-11-2010
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 14025
  • Message 30 of 33

Re: Recommended Security App?

2013-04-25, 0:55 AM


Of the three security apps that I'm considering, I see that Lookout doesn't (yet) play well with the Chrome browser, it just works with the stock unnamed built-in browser.  That's a bit of a bummer.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms