Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

02-28-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 81 of 154

Re: Short Battery Life? Here's the solution!

2012-04-03, 16:53 PM

I have a regular RAZR, no Maxx.  I average between 17 and 22 hrs on a single charge with moderate use.  I would say that this is pretty darn good if you ask me.  I use smart actions, but the only thing it does to save battery is limit background data when I sleep and cut the brightness after sunset.  

Options

4 Posts

03-31-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 82 of 154

2012-04-04, 0:32 AM

I have been using Juice Defender since the middle of February and I never go below 70% battery. I go 19 hours a day between charge. The only exception was a couple times that I watched streaming video for 4 hours and on those days I was still over 50% life. Juice Defender is wonderful.

Options

8 Posts

09-05-2013

Maryland

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 83 of 154

2012-04-05, 15:06 PM

sallyc said:

wickets, I totally understand.   And if these step by step instructions help, good, but if they're too much hassle, I get that too.

1) Go to Apps>Smart Actions

2) Creating custom timeframes: Press the Menu button, choose My Profile, Timeframes

• Press the + button to Add Timeframe

• In the Name field type 6:00am-6:50am (this is for 1 hour time blocks, adjust for your preference.)

• Add 6:00am as the Start Time and 6:50am as the end time

• Select Day of the week and which days you want this for (mine have all the days selected)

• Save

• Repeat for 7:00am-7:50am, 8:00am-8:50am, etc until you have all 24 hrs covered.  Remember, when we use these custom timeframes later, the time not included (e.g. 7:51-7:59) is when your phone will be syncing and checking email.  So assuming you don't need to know if you get email at midnight, you don't need to create hourly checks while you are sleeping but can make a timeframe that covers, say, 11:00 pm-6:50.am.  Or, if checking email every 4 hours during the day works for you, create the timeframes in 4 hour blocks.

3) After you create and save your custom timeframes, use your Back key to get to the main screen for Smart Actions.  Now we are going to use the custom timeframes you just created.

4) Create your Smart Action: Press the + key to Add a new rule and select Start from Scratch.

• Name your rule whatever you like

• Select the + by Triggers and then Timeframe.  Then select the timeframes you just made.

• Select the + by Triggers again and then Charging.  Then select Not Charging as we don't need to save battery life when you're plugged in.

• Select the + by Triggers again and then Display.  Choose Off as we only want this action active when your monitor is off (and not charging).

• Select the + by Actions and then GPS and choose Off

• Select the + by Actions again and choose Wi-Fi and choose Off

• Select the + by Actions again and choose Background Sync and choose Off

• Select the + by Actions again and choose Cellular Data and choose Off

5) If your New Rule has everything you want, press Add Rule at the bottom of the screen and you're done! 

You can always come back and edit it too.

Hope this helps.

You are amazing!

Options

4 Posts

04-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 84 of 154

2012-04-05, 17:51 PM

Auto end apps and turn off GPS and blue tooth, I get a whole day and then some if my gps and blue tooth is off.

Options

16 Posts

04-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 85 of 154

2012-04-06, 15:17 PM

This Smart Action works great, Thank you so very much, now if I can just find a fix for the webtop program not shutting down after I disconnect from my Lapdock ( both the 100 and 500) I will be really happy.     Cool

Options

3 Posts

04-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 86 of 154

2012-04-10, 1:25 AM

Simple solution. Get a 3G/4G toggle switch widget

Options

5 Posts

04-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 87 of 154

2012-04-10, 12:49 PM

I used Juice Defender w/Ultimate Juice on my OG (Droid 1).  When I upgraded to the MAXX on 2/29 I installed JD w/UJ and I was not happy with the results.  Whenever the screen went black my data would disconnect (which I wanted it to do), but it took forever to re-activate.  It only took a few seconds on my OG.  I have since uninstalled JD and I am only using the Smart Actions:  Battery Extender, Low Battery Saver & Sleep.

My battery almost lasts 2 days.  There was a point that I was lucky to get 16 hours out of it.  Then I read a suggestion on another Android Forum for the MAXX that stated:

When you are at the state (possibly 20% or less) and ready to charge your phone power your phone off.  Plug your phone into the charger (charger must be plugged directly into wall socket not a surge protector) and then when the phone is fully charged (tapping power button will show green battery) - power up your phone.  Then let the phone drain to 15% and then charge it again with the power turned off.  Once the phone has once again fully charged power it on.  That procedure basically resets the battery. 

Options

33 Posts

12-30-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 88 of 154

2012-04-10, 16:11 PM

"When you are at the state (possibly 20% or less) and ready to charge your phone power your phone off.  Plug your phone into the charger (charger must be plugged directly into wall socket not a surge protector) and then when the phone is fully charged (tapping power button will show green battery) - power up your phone.  Then let the phone drain to 15% and then charge it again with the power turned off.  Once the phone has once again fully charged power it on.  That procedure basically resets the battery. "

I'll have to give this a try...never heard of this

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 89 of 154

2012-04-10, 16:21 PM

Captmilk said:

"When you are at the state (possibly 20% or less) and ready to charge your phone power your phone off.  Plug your phone into the charger (charger must be plugged directly into wall socket not a surge protector) and then when the phone is fully charged (tapping power button will show green battery) - power up your phone.  Then let the phone drain to 15% and then charge it again with the power turned off.  Once the phone has once again fully charged power it on.  That procedure basically resets the battery. "

My own understanding is that these batteries do not have "memory."  What this process does is recalibrate the device's ability to read the battery more accurately.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

5 Posts

04-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 90 of 154

2012-04-10, 16:46 PM

eaccents said:

Captmilk said:

My own understanding is that these batteries do not have "memory."  What this process does is recalibrate the device's ability to read the battery more accurately.

Recalibrate is correct - I just didn't use that word. 

By the way I read about this on www(dot)droidforums(dot)net, user is FoxKat.  That guy seems to know his stuff.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms