Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 85 (4,110 Views)

AUTO-ROTATE SCREEN PROBLEM

Recently, the auto-roate stopped working. In settings, I verified that the "auto-rotate" feature was checked. I even unchecked and rechecked the feature with no success.

So, when I rotate the phone 90 degrees the screen content does not shift and widen.

I verified the auto rotate feature does not work with photos, text messaging, browser, etc.

Please advise on what steps I should use to correct the problem

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 85 (4,141 Views)

Re: AUTO-ROTATE SCREEN PROBLEM

Fixed myself........rebooted phone all better Cool

Motorola Admin
Message 3 of 85 (4,084 Views)

Sure sounds like Auto-rotate is not checked by the description. Have you tried just turning the phone off and on again?

Could you have recently installed an app that may be causing this?

Token Ring
Message 4 of 85 (4,084 Views)

I just had the same thing happen to my MAXX.  Verified the check box was still checked.  Only thing that fixed it was a reboot.  No recent app installed to account for the behavior.  Any chance it's a memory issue with long stretches between reboots?

Token Ring
Message 5 of 85 (4,084 Views)

This wasn't the solution to my problem though.  Anyone else have the auto-rotate stop working WITH the checkbox checked?

Thanks

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 85 (4,084 Views)

Ever since the last update I had a my Razr stop rotating 3 or 4 times. Once I rebooted the phone, it started rotating again.  This never happened before the last update.

Token Ring
Message 7 of 85 (4,084 Views)

Thanks John.  Yeah I've never had it happen before either.  Matt is this something you can log for the techs/devs?  Something is messing with the accelerometer over time.

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 85 (4,084 Views)

I just got a Droid Razr 1.28.12 and never had a data phone before.  Today it is doing the same thing.  It has happened four times in the last four hours.  I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on to make auto-rotate work again for a little while.  IT IS CHECKED AT ALL TIMES, I make sure at each restart.  No updates available. Have NO APPS added.  Techs please send out an update to zap this bug.   Razr has only virtual keyboard, portrait texting is impossible.  Unless you have hamster fingers........

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 85 (4,084 Views)

I recently got a Droid Razr Maxx and have been experiencing the same issue. The auto rotate box is checked every time.. I even clear the check mark and re-check it and nothing changes. The only way to make it auto rotate again is to do a re-boot.. which is less than convenient at times. I've added some apps since I've had the phone, but am not sure if it's one of those and how to go about diagnosing which one it might or might not be.. Anyone?? Anyone??

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 85 (4,084 Views)

andyl said:

I recently got a Droid Razr Maxx and have been experiencing the same issue. The auto rotate box is checked every time.. I even clear the check mark and re-check it and nothing changes. The only way to make it auto rotate again is to do a re-boot.. which is less than convenient at times. I've added some apps since I've had the phone, but am not sure if it's one of those and how to go about diagnosing which one it might or might not be.. Anyone?? Anyone??

Not sure it is an app issue as the post above yours indicates that they have no apps on their device other than what shipped on the device....

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions.